Springvale railway station
View from platform 1 looking towards Melbourne in May 2014.
|Location||Lightwood Road, Springvale|
|Distance||24.50 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Structure type||Below ground|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||1 September 1880|
|Closed||16 April 2014|
|Rebuilt||22 April 2014|
Springvale railway station is located on the Pakenham and Cranbourne lines in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Springvale, opening on 1 September 1880 as Spring Vale, and was renamed Springvale in February 1972.
The remnant of a former branch line, which went to Spring Vale Cemetery station, was located at the northern end of the station. In October 2002, it was booked out of use, and the associated points, signals, crossover, and overhead wiring were removed in August 2008.
In mid-2013, construction commenced on a grade separation project to eliminate the Springvale Road level crossing immediately north of the station. As part of this project, a new station was constructed below street level, which opened on 22 April 2014.
Facilities, platforms & services
Springvale has two side platforms, with a concourse above on ground level. The concourse features a customer service window, an enclosed waiting room and toilets. Access to the platforms is provided by stairs and ramps. Springvale is serviced by Metro Trains' Pakenham and Cranbourne line services.
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Cranbourne
Transdev Melbourne operates one route via Springvale station:
Ventura Bus Lines operate four routes via Springvale station:
- 705: to Mordialloc station
- 811: Dandenong station - Brighton
- 813: Dandenong station - Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre
- 885: to Glen Waverley station
- Springvale Vicsig
- Vincent Adams Winter (1990). VR and VicRail: 1962-1983. p. 106. ISBN 0-9592069-3-0.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. April 1976. p. 92.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. September 2008. pp. 278–282.
- Springvale Level Crossing Project Removal Project VicRoads
- Springvale Level Crossing Project Removal Project Information Update March 2014 VicRoads
- Springvale level crossing and Premium Station open VicRoads 22 April 2014
- Pakenham Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Cranbourne Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 902 Chelsea - Airport West timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 705 Mordialloc - Springvale timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 811 Dandenong - Brighton timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 813 Dandenong - Waverley Gardens timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 885 Glen Waverley - Springvale timetable Public Transport Victoria
|Closed station navigation|
|Spring Vale Cemetery branch|
|Junction|||||Spring Vale Cemetery||Next station →|