Sprouts Farmers Market
|Traded as||NASDAQ: SFM|
|Industry||Grocery store, Health food store|
|Headquarters||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Kansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri|
|Products||Food, organic food, vitamins and dietary supplements|
|Revenue||2.2 B (End of 3rd Quarter 2014)|
|89.9 M (End of 3rd Quarter 2014)|
|Owner||Apollo Global Management|
Number of employees
Sprouts is an American chain of specialty grocery stores with over 212 locations across the United States. Sprouts stores are smaller than a typical supermarket, focusing on fresh foods, produce, healthy foods and vitamins/supplements. Its corporate headquarters are in Phoenix.
Sprouts is the second specialty market brand developed by the Henry Boney family and friends, who sold their Henry's Farmers Market in 1999. This includes Kevin Easler, Shon Boney, Scott Wing, Stan Boney, and maybe other executives. In February 2011, Apollo Global Management announced that it was acquiring Sprouts via its Smart & Final subsidiary, and merging it with Henry's Farmers Market and Sun Harvest. The combined company, which operates under the name Sprouts Farmers Market, has over 100 stores and had more than 7,000 employees at the end of 2011.
Sprouts Farmers Market raised $333M in an IPO on NASDAQ with the symobol SFM on August 1, 2013. Share prices rose 123% from $18.00 to $40.11 on its first day of trading.
Sprouts Corporate Office: 5455 E. High Street, Suite 111 Phoenix, AZ 85054
- "Contact Us." Sprouts Farmers Market. Retrieved on January 23, 2013. "Sprouts Farmers Market Corporate Office 11811 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 2400 Phoenix, AZ 85028"
- Giddens, David (2005-06-10). "Sprouts growing in North Texas". Dallas Business Journal.
- "Merger website"
- "Sprout's Locations
- Hamstra, Mark (16 February 2011). "Apollo Combines Sprouts, Henry's". Supermarket News (Penton Media, Inc.). Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Crabtree, Penni (27 February 2011). "Merger of Henry's, Sprouts is latest in Boney family's retail saga". SignOn San Diego (The San Diego Union-Tribune, LLC). Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Sprouts acquires Sunflower Farmers Market". March 9, 2012. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- "Sprouts Farmers Market Doubles in Trading Debut". August 1, 2013.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|