Spuyten Duyvil (Metro-North station)
The Henry Hudson Bridge above the Spuyten Duyvil platform.
|Location||Edsall Avenue off Johnson Avenue
Spuyten Duyvil, Bronx, New York 10463
|Owned by||Metro-North Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform
1 island platform
|Connections||Hudson Rail Link: J, K, L, M|
|Electrified||700V (DC) third rail|
|Passengers (2006)||237,380 0%|
The Spuyten Duyvil Metro-North Railroad station serves the residents of the Spuyten Duyvil neighborhood of the Bronx, New York via the Hudson Line. Trains leave for New York City every 25 to 35 minutes on weekdays. It is about 10.4 miles from Grand Central Terminal and travel time to Grand Central is about 23 minutes.
During 2013, two trains derailed near the station. A freight train hauling garbage lost nearly half its cars in July between Spuyten Duyvil and Marble Hill, requiring four days to clean up before one of the tracks could be reopened. In December, a passenger train derailment north of the station resulted in four passenger deaths (the first in the railroad's history) and 75 injuries.
The station has two high-level platforms. Northbound trains utilize an eight-car-long side platform, while southbound trains use a four-car-long island platform. Directly east (railroad south) of the station, Track 4 merges with Track 2. Directly west (railroad north) of the station, Amtrak's Empire Corridor service merges with the Hudson Line.
|M||Mezzanine||Exit/entrance, crossover between platforms|
|Track 4||← Hudson Line toward Grand Central (Marble Hill)
← Empire Service does not stop here
|Island platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Track 2||← Hudson Line toward Grand Central (Marble Hill)|
|Track 1||Hudson Line toward Croton–Harmon or Poughkeepsie (Riverdale) →
Empire Service does not stop here →
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
- "Hudson Line". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- Grossman, Manny (December 27, 2007). "Spuyten Duyvil Station Makes Room for Buses". The Riverdale Press. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- Flegenheimer, Matt; Hu, Winnie (July 20, 2013). "Metro-North Line Is Tied Up After a Freight Train Derails". The New York Times. Retrieved May 26, 2015.
- “Metro-North Train Derails in the Bronx”, New York Times, December 1, 2013
Media related to Spuyten Duyvil (Metro-North station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Metro-North Railroad - Spuyten Duyvil
- List of upcoming train departure times and track assignments from MTA
- Edsall Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Platforms from Google Maps Street View
|This Bronx train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|