Screenshot of Spyder on Windows
|Original author(s)||Pierre Raybaut|
|Developer(s)||Spyder developer community|
|Initial release||18 October 2009|
3.1.3 / 20 February 2017
3.0.0 beta7 / 16 September 2016
|Platform||Qt, Windows, Linux, macOS|
|Type||Integrated development environment|
Spyder (formerly Pydee) is an open source cross-platform integrated development environment (IDE) for scientific programming in the Python language. Spyder integrates NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib and IPython, as well as other open source software. It is released under the MIT license.
Spyder is extensible with plugins, includes support for interactive tools for data inspection and embeds Python-specific code quality assurance and introspection instruments, such as Pyflakes, Pylint and Rope. It is available cross-platform through Anaconda, on Windows with WinPython and Python(x,y), on macOS through MacPorts, and on major Linux distributions such as Arch Linux, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo Linux, openSUSE and Ubuntu.
- editor with syntax highlighting and introspection for code completion
- support for multiple Python consoles (including IPython)
- the ability to explore and edit variables from a GUI
Available plugins include:
- Static Code Analysis with Pylint
- Code Profiling
- Conda Package Manager with conda
- (Python)(ANN) Spyder v1.0.0 released, 18 Oct 2009 at 18:11
- Renamed Pydee to Spyder (it changes everything...!), Pierre Raybaut committed on 9 Aug 2009
- "Migrating from MATLAB to Python | Greener Engineering". et.byu.edu. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Spyder review – Techworld.com". review.techworld.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Spyder license".
- "SpyderPlugins – spyderlib – Plugin development – Spyder is the Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment – Google Project Hosting". code.google.com. Archived from the original on 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Pylint extension – Spyder 2.2 documentation". packages.python.org. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "WinPython distribution".
- "Python(x,y) distribution".
- "Reviews for spyder". apps.ubuntu.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Seznámení s Python IDE Spyder | Fedora.cz". fedora.cz. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Spyder runtime dependencies". github.com. 2015-02-21.
- "QtPy: Abtraction layer for PySide/PyQt4/PyQt5". github.com. 2015-10-23. Retrieved 2015-12-28.