Sqrrl Data, Inc. is an American enterprise software company specializing in Big Data analytics and cyber security founded in 2012. The company has gained publicity for its roots in the United States Intelligence Community and National Security Agency.  Sqrrl was involved in the creation of, and actively contributes to Apache Accumulo and other related Apache projects.
In October 2013, Sqrrl received $5.2 million in Series A funding led by Accomplice and Matrix Partners.
- In August 2013, CRN Magazine named Sqrrl among the "The 25 Coolest Emerging Vendors For 2013".
- In January 2013, Boston Business Journal named Sqrrl among the "12 Boston tech firms making 'big data' possible".
- Apache Software Foundation
- Big data
- Online database
- Real-time database
- Wide column store
- "Born in the NSA, former spies are starting companies of their own". Venturebeat.
- Williams, Alex (20 August 2012). "Sqrrl Raises $2 Million For Secure, Scalable Big Data Technology Originally Developed At NSA". TechCrunch. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Kolakowski, Nick (20 August 2012). "Sqrrl Wants to Make Database Technology Extra Secure". Slashdot. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Kirsner, Scott (20 August 2012). "New database startup Sqrrl raises $2 million, relocates from D.C. to Cambridge". Boston Globe. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Perez, Sarah (21 October 2013). "Sqrrl Raises $5.2M To Provide Deeper Granularity For NSA-Born Database Technology". Techcrunch.
- Vanain, Jonathan (18 February 2015). "NSA-linked Sqrrl eyes cyber security and lands $7M in funding". GigaOm.
- "The 25 Coolest Emerging Vendors For 2013". Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "12 Boston tech firms making 'big data' possible". Retrieved 11 September 2013.