The name Squamish most commonly refers to the town at the core of the District Municipality of Squamish, British Columbia. "Squamish" is a loose English adaptation/mispronunciation of Skwxwu7mesh, meaning "Mother of the Wind", "people of the sacred water" in the language of that people; it has sometimes been used to refer to the Skokomish (Twana) and Suquamish peoples.
Squamish may refer to:
- Squamish, British Columbia is a district municipality in British Columbia, Canada
- the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District of British Columbia, Canada
- the Squamish River, a river in British Columbia, Canada, named after the Squamish people
- the Squamish people, a Northwest Coast indigenous people, in their language "Sḵwx̱wú7mesh", after whom the river is named (the town of Squamish is named for the river)
- the Squamish language, the language of the Squamish people
- the Squamish Nation, the band government of the Squamish people
- 43-Man Squamish, a fictional sport featured in Mad Magazine
- the Squamish Five, a militant activist group, named as such by the media because they were arrested near Squamish, British Columbia
- Squamish (wind), a type of wind that occurs in coastal British Columbia
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Squamish.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.