|Operating system||Android, iOS|
|Available in||English, French|
Cash App (formerly known as Square Cash) is a mobile payment service developed by Square, Inc., allowing users to transfer money to one another using a mobile phone app. As of February 18, 2018, the service recorded 7 million active users.
In March 2015, Square introduced Square Cash for businesses, which includes the ability for individuals, organizations, and business owners to use a unique username to send and receive money, known as a $cashtag.
The service allows users to request and transfer money to another Cash account via its Cash App or email. Users can then choose to withdraw the money with its debit Visa card, called Cash Card, in ATMs or transfer it to any local bank account.
The Cash Card is a black, customisable card. Users are asked to sign their name on the mobile app. The signature will then be printed into the card and sent to the user.
- "Square's Venmo competitor — the Cash app — had more than seven million customers in December". Recode. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square Cash is Open for Business". Square. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square rolls out its Square Cash payment service to businesses". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square's Cash App payment application now allows users to buy and sell Bitcoin". Digital Trends. 2018-02-01. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square Cash app now lets you easily buy and sell Bitcoin from iPhone". 9to5Mac. 2018-01-31. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Kleinman, Jacob. "How to Buy Bitcoin With Square Cash". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square's Cash app now supports direct deposits for your paycheck – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Kulp, Patrick. "People are getting hilariously creative with Square's customizable cash card designs". Mashable. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Salinas, Sara (2017-11-16). "Square Cash users can now withdraw money from any ATM with their Cash Cards". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square Cash Card Holders Get Creative with Custom Designs". The Points Guy. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "With $Cashtag, Square seeks to eliminate checks for businesses". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square's 'cashtags' turn a custom web link into a tip jar". Engadget. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Square's Cash app now supports direct deposits for your paycheck". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- "Cash App on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
|This mobile software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|