Squires Gate railway station
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|1 April 1865||Stony Hill Station opened|
|1872||Stony Hill Station closed|
|14 September 1931||Squires Gate Station opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Squires Gate from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Squires Gate railway station serves the Squires Gate area of the popular seaside resort of Blackpool, Lancashire, England, although it is located just outside the borough boundary. It lies on the Blackpool South to Colne line and is the nearest station to Blackpool International Airport. Squires Gate is located about 200 metres (660 ft) from Starr Gate tram stop on the Blackpool Tramway.
Squires Gate is served by an hourly service northbound to Blackpool South and southbound to Preston and Colne operated by Northern who also manage the station. Sunday services do not run from November to February, but operate for the remainder of the year on an hourly frequency.
- ""Blackpool History"" (PDF). (175 KiB), Blackpool Borough Council Tourism Division, accessed 17 October 2007
- Welch, M.S. (2004) Lancashire Steam Finale, Runpast Publishing, Cheltenham, ISBN 1-870754-61-1, p.31
- "Blackpool Airport - Masterplan" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- GB eNRT 2015-16 Edition, Table 97 (Network Rail)
- Bairstow, Martin (2001). Railways of Blackpool and the Fylde. Martin Bairstow Publications. ISBN 1-871944-23-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Squires Gate railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Blackpool Branch Line
|South Shore||London, Midland and Scottish Railway
Blackpool and Lytham Railway
|This article on a railway station in North West England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|