Squires Gate railway station
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|1 April 1865||Stony Hill Station opened|
|1872||Stony Hill Station closed|
|14 September 1931||Squires Gate Station opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Squires Gate from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Squires Gate railway station serves the Squires Gate area of the popular seaside resort of Blackpool, Lancashire, England, although it is located just outside the borough boundary. It lies on the Blackpool South to Colne line and is the nearest station to Blackpool International Airport. Squires Gate is located about 400 metres (1,300 ft) from Starr Gate tram stop on the Blackpool Tramway.
The station is unstaffed, but has been provided with a ticket machine, digital PIS screen and a long-line P.A system to offer train running information. CCTV, timetable posters and a pay phone are also available.
Squires Gate is served by an hourly service northbound to Blackpool South and southbound to Preston, operated by Northern who also manage the station. Sunday services also run on an hourly frequency, running beyond Preston to Blackburn and Colne.
- ""Blackpool History"" (PDF). (175 KiB), Blackpool Borough Council Tourism Division, accessed 17 October 2007
- Welch, M.S. (2004) Lancashire Steam Finale, Runpast Publishing, Cheltenham, ISBN 1-870754-61-1, p.31
- "Blackpool Airport - Masterplan" (PDF). Retrieved 16 April 2008.
- Nations Rail Enquiries - Squires Gate NAtional Rail Enquiries
- GB eNRT May 2019 Edition, Table 97 (Network Rail)
- Bairstow, Martin (2001). Railways of Blackpool and the Fylde. Martin Bairstow Publications. ISBN 1-871944-23-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Squires Gate railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|South Shore||London, Midland and Scottish Railway
Blackpool and Lytham Railway
|This article on a railway station in North West England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|