J. Richardson, 1846
Holocentrinae is a subfamily of the Holocentridae fish. Two genera of Squirrelfishes of the subfamily Holocentrinae are found in the Indo-Pacific region: Neoniphon (Flammeo of recent authors) and Sargocentron (Adioryx of most recent authors). A total of 19 species of these two genera occur in the Indian Ocean west of the southern tip of India
They are typically known as squirrelfish. They are nocturnal.
- Froese, Rainer, and Daniel Pauly, eds. (2012). "Holocentridae" in FishBase. October 2012 version.
- Randal, J.E. and Heemstra, P.C. 1985. A review of the squirrelfishes of the subfamily Holocentrinae from the Western Indian Ocean and Red Sea. Ichthyological Bulletin of the J.L.B. Smith Institute of Ichthyology; No. 49. J.L.B. Smith Institute of Ichthyology, Rhodes University.
- "Holocentrinae". Integrated Taxonomic Information System.
- World Register of Marine Species link: Holocentrinae (+species list)
- Holocentrinae at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
|This Beryciformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|