|Initial release||18 November 2003|
6.2 / 6 December 2016
6.1 / 13 October 2016
|Operating system||Windows, Linux/Unix, OS X, iOS, Android, Windows CE and QNX|
|Size||ca. 220 MB (depending on edition)|
|Type||GUI test automation tool|
Squish is a commercial cross-platform GUI and regression testing tool that can test applications based on a variety of GUI technologies (see list below). It is developed and maintained by Froglogic.
As of version 6.0, the Squish GUI Tester fully integrates support for behavior-driven development (BDD) and testing extended by special functionality to apply this to GUI tests. Squish is compatible with the Gherkin domain-specific language used in tools such as Cucumber.
According to Froglogic, Squish is used by more than 3,000 companies.
Supported GUI technologies
According to Froglogic, Squish supports the following platforms:
- "Third-Party Automated Testing Tools". Qt Quarterly. Trolltech (16). 2005. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- Leithold, Alfred (2008). Tests executed in Squish for Qt. Structured Testing in Practice. GRIN Verlag. p. 53. ISBN 9783638894623.
- "froglogic Releases Automated Qt GUI Testing Tool Squish 1.0". LinuxDevices. Ziff Davis. 2003-11-18. Archived from the original on 2015-05-05.
- Riley, Mike (2012-05-01). "Jolt Awards: The Best Testing Tools - Jolt Productivity Award - froglogic Squish". Archived from the original on 2015-09-01.
- "Our Customers". Froglogic. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Squish GUI Testing". Froglogic. Retrieved 30 August 2013.