Sree Narayana Trust
Sri Narayana Guru
|Motto||"Enlightened through education"|
|Formation||31 January 1952|
|Purpose||To disseminate knowledge by providing quality and need-based education to all.|
|Headquarters||Mundakkal Village, Kollam|
Sree Narayana Trust, also known as the SN Trust , has been an educational organisation in the Indian state of Kerala since 1952. The headquarters of Sree Narayana Trust is in Kollam city. It is named after Narayana Guru. The institutions operated by the Trust follow his footsteps, trying to create strength through organisation and to seek liberation through education. The Trust aims to realize the high ideals of its namesake, who professed the welfare of all without any discrimination on the basis of caste, creed or religion. It was formed by a former Chief Minister of Kerala, R. Sankar, in 1952 to manage the Sree Narayana College, Kollam. Later, educational institutions were started in other parts of Kerala for the upliftment of the socially and educationally backward sections of society. Today, the Trust runs numerous educational institutions and hospitals.
List of colleges
SN Trust founded schools and colleges in the independent India. There are fourteen colleges and more than 50 educational institutions are working under SN Trust.
|Sree Narayana College||1948||Kollam||http://snckollam.ac.in/|
|Sree Narayana Women’s College||1951||Kollam||http://www.sncwkollam.org/|
|Sree Narayana College||1964||Chempazhanthi||http://www.sncollegechempazhanthy.ac.in/|
|Sree Narayana College||1964||Cherthala|
|Sree Narayana College||1964||Varkala|
|Sree Narayana College||1965||Punalur|
|Sree Narayana College||1967||Nattika|
|Sree Narayana College||1968||Chelannur|
|Sree Narayana College||1968||Alathur|
|Sree Narayana College||1981||Chathannur|
|Sree Narayana College||1981||Chengannur||http://sncollegechengannur.org/|
|M.P Moothedath Memorial College||1981||Shornur|
|Sree Narayana Training College||1958||Nedungad|
|Sree Narayana College||1960||Kannur||http://sncollegekannur.ac.in/|
List of other institutions
Though these educational institutions were started to help socially and economically backward sections of the society. In the recent years there had been allegations against instances of bribe and corruption in SN Trust institutions in the form of capitation fees which had malafide intentions to serve the interests of richer sections.
- "SN Trust". Sree Narayana.com. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Chennithala to Support SN Trust Institutions". The New Indian Express. Express News Service. 9 November 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Natesan re-elected SN Trust secretary". The Hindu. 1 May 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Vellappally accepts bribe for appointment in S N Trust, says VS". kaumudiglobal.com. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "Pinarayi Vijayan says capitation fee is as good as corruption". http://www.deccanchronicle.com/. 2016-08-21. Retrieved 2016-10-31. External link in
- Jeffrey, Robin (1974). "The social origins of a caste association, 1875-1905: The founding of the S.N.D.P. Yogam". South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies. 1. 4 (1): 39–59. doi:10.1080/00856407408730687. (subscription required)