Sreelakshmi Suresh in March 2012
5 February 1998 |
Kozhikode, Kerala, India
Sreelakshmi Suresh (born 1998) is a multiple award winning web designer from Kozhikode, Kerala, India. She is mainly known for her work designing websites in India which gained her media coverage as early as 2006. At one time, often cited as being the "World's Youngest CEO" and the "World's Youngest Web Designer". Sources have named other individuals as holding the titles of World's Youngest CEO and World's Youngest Web Designer.
According to her father, Suresh Menon (lawyer, Calicut Bar Council), and mother, Viju Suresh, she started using computers at the age of 3. She was designing by the age of 4 and had designed a website by 6. Sreelakshmi Suresh attends Presentation High Secondary School and designed her school's website, which was inaugurated by Binoy Viswam, Forest Minister, Government of Kerala, on 15 January 2007. Her own startup, eDesign launched in 2009.
The title of World's Youngest CEO and World's Youngest Web Designer has been liberally assigned to a number of individuals by various news media and sources. Some media have named Harli Jordean the "World's Youngest CEO" at age 8 and other sources, including the Press Information Bureau, have named Ajay Puri as the "World's Youngest Web Designer" at age 3.
Sreelakshmi Suresh is the recipient of multiple awards and other recognition. She was honoured by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (India), by conferring her the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement in 2008. The award was presented to her by Sonia Gandhi in a function held at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on 5 January 2009. She has also won the Golden Web Award (U.S.A), Sixty Plus Education Award (Canada), Feeblemind's Award of Excellence (UK), Webmasters Ink Award (U.S.A.) and Penmarric Bronze Award (Canada). Other awards include Global Internet Directories Gold Award (USA), WM8C Stamp of Excellence Award (USA), 37th Texa’s Web Award (USA), American Association of Webmasters Merit Award, Thomas Sims Greves Award of Excellence (UK), Moms Global Award for inspirational Website 2006-07 (UK), ProFish-N-Sea Charters World Class Website Award (Brazil), Wadeshi Science Movement Excellence Award 2007 (India) among others.
- Resmi Jaimon (24 February 2009). "Hindu - Young world". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- Ramesh Babu (19 January 2007). "Kerala girl spins webs, virtually". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Designing success on the Net". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 29 December 2006. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- Mousumi Saha Kumar (6 February 2012). "SREELAKSHMI SURESH, ONE OF THE YOUNGEST WEB DESIGNERS IN THE WORLD". Success Stories. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Interview with Sreelakshmi Suresh, World’s Youngest CEO". YouthKiAwaaz.com. 18 February 2010. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "World's youngest Web designer". AsiaOne. 24 July 2009. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Ajay Puri, the youngest web designer with the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.". Press Information Bureau. 8 January 2008. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Mousumi Saha Kumar (21 March 2012). "Harli Jordean, the Youngest CEO, Sets World Record". Success Stories. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- "Baby of the lot: Meet our youngest web designer". Hindustan Times. 8 January 2006.
- MOHAMMED ASHRAF (27 January 2007). "School’s Website Built by 8-Year-Old Girl". Arab News. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- Ashraf Padanna (21 January 2007). "US honour for webmaster girl". Kozhikode: Gulf Times. Archived from the original on 2007-06-26. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- "Harli Jordean, eight, is the world’s youngest CEO, having turned his love of marbles into a money-making phenomenon.". Metro (British newspaper). 15 November 2011. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- "Harli Jordean, 8, is ‘the world’s youngest CEO’". Yahoo! News. 16 November 2011. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- Ayesha Singh (17 August 2014). "AJAY PURI, 18, WORLD’S YOUNGEST WEB DESIGNER". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- "The Hindu : Kerala / Kochi News : Bar Council to launch web site". The Hindu. 18 June 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "The Hindu : Kerala / Kozhikode News : The ‘little queen’ of web design". The Hindu. 7 December 2008. Retrieved 12 May 2013.