Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Because Life is all about taking the Right Decisions|
|Type||Education and research institution|
|Location||Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|Campus||Suburban, 33 acres (130,000 m2) of land|
The Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology (or SNIST) is a technical institute located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It was affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) till 2009, From 2010 the institution attained autonomous status and it is the first college under JNTUH to get that status.
SNIST was established in 1997 with the approval of All India Council for Technical Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh, and is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. SNIST is sponsored by the Sree Education Society of the Sree Group of Industries.
It runs undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and is engaged in research activity leading to Ph.D. Sreenidhi is recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research as a scientific and industrial research organization.
The institution was accredited by NBA of AICTE within 5 years of its existence. It has received world bank assistance under TEQIP.
Campus location and transport
The SNIST campus covers 33 acres (130,000 m2).It is located in Yanampet of Ghatkesar Mandal in Rangareddy district of Telangana, India. SNIST Transport Department provides connectivity from various parts of the city. It has both A/C and Non-A/C Buses. Apart from this TSRTC runs exclusive trips to the college from major parts of the city which are from ECIL (2), Uppal (3), Secunderabad (2), Koti (2), L.B. Nagar (2), Dilshukhnagar (2) and Tarnaka (1).
The institute offers engineering degree programs with the approval of the government of India, government of Andhra Pradesh and with affiliation to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. All BTech programs are NBA Accredited. Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology in New York City, United States has entered into a collaboration agreement with SNIST to offer its BS degrees programs at SNIST campus from 2007 but they are terminated as of 2013.
Programs offered are: Undergraduate courses
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Intake 300)
- Electrical Engineering (Intake 180)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering (Intake 60)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Intake 300)
- Information Technology (Intake 120)
- Mechanical Engineering (Intake 120)
- Biotechnology (Intake 60)
- civil engineering (Intake 60)
- M.Tech in Biotechnology
- M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics (ECE)
- M.Tech in Electrical Power Engineering (EEE)
- M.Tech in CAD/CAM (Mechanical)
- M.Tech in Software Engineering
- M.Tech in Nanotechnology (Mechanical)
Students are admitted into the seven branches of engineering under the following categories.
The number of students getting placed into, predominantly, Indian IT majors in 2014 (2010-2014 batch) was about 800. The number of students placed in companies each academic year is given in the following link: http://www.sreenidhi.edu.in/CampusPlacement.aspx
Memoranda of Understanding with foreign universities
SNIST has MoU agreements with the following:
- University of Detroit Mercy, USA
- University of Bridgeport, USA
- Southern Polytechnic State University, Florida, USA
- Vaughn College of Aeronautics & Technology, USA
- University of Abertay Dundee, UK
- University of Western Sydney, Australia
Sreenidhi has established a Technology Development and Test Centre in cooperation with industry, to test high pressure valves used in underground mines, with approval from Director General of Mines, Safety.
Sreenidhi is one amongst the twelve technical institutions in Andhra Pradesh to receive the World Bank assistance under TEQIP scheme. The college is rated as No.30 in India among self-financing engineering institutes. 
There are various Student clubs in Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology.
1. SAE CLUB
2. IEEE Student's chapter
3. ISTE Student's chapter
4. The Robotics Club
5. Nidhi Quiz Club
6. Emerging Computers Arena
7. STED Student's chapter
8. Arts Club
9. The Electronix club
10. Vox Populi
12. Bachpan Prayas
14. Sports Club
16. Innovation and Creativity club
17. The Faraday's club of Electrical Igniters.
1. Sreevision organized by ISTE Students Chapter.
2. Adastra organized by IEEE Students Chapter.
3. Roboveda'14 (15–17 August 2014) organized by The Robotics Club. www.roboveda.org
4. Spardhaa organized by Nidhi Quiz Club
5. Innovision organized by Innovation and Creativity Club (ICC) of college.
6. Udaan organized by The Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology.
7. Odyssey organized by Vox populi Club.
8. Sa-re-ga-ma by The Arts Club
9. Naach by The Arts Club
10. ECLAT organized by PGSTG Club 11.walk by bachpan bachao
ISTE Student's Chapter organizes the national level Technical-Sports-Cultural consortium, an 8-day event. SREEVISION'11 featured singers like Hema Chandra, Bhargavi Pillai and Director Teja. CTS, Infosys, Wipro, and Tata have been sponsors of SREEVISION.
SNIST organized the first technical festival exclusively for robotics (Roboveda) in 2007. It was organized under the Robotics Club of the college (TRC-SNIST), which was sponsored by ISRO and other organizations like GMR and Electronics 4u.
The Arts club organised a cultural event Sprihaa in 2007. The crowd saw a performance of Bombay Wikings. Hyderabadis favorite RJ Adonica was a special guest.
Electronix club was launched in 2008 to creates awareness of developments in electronics. Unlike other clubs, Electronix club does not organise any fest. Events conducted by the club include circuit building, explora and electronic software analysis programmes. The club concentrates on microcontroller based projects. Club projects include autonomous robots, avionics lab equipment, and attendance marker.
The National Students Union of India exists in SNIST with more than 300 members registered.