Sri Lankan cricket team in the West Indies in 1996–97
|Sri Lankan cricket team in the West Indies in 1996–97|
|West Indies||Sri Lanka|
|Dates||6 June 1997 – 24 June 1997|
|Captains||Courtney Walsh||Arjuna Ranatunga|
|Result||West Indies won the 2-match series 1–0|
|Most runs||Sherwin Campbell (182)||Sanath Jayasuriya (192)|
|Most wickets||Curtly Ambrose (11)||Muttiah Muralitharan (16)|
|One Day International series|
|Results||West Indies won the 1-match series 1–0|
The Sri Lanka national cricket team toured the West Indies in June 1997 and played a two-match Test series against the West Indies cricket team which the West Indies won 1–0. Sri Lanka were captained by Arjuna Ranatunga; the West Indies by Courtney Walsh. In addition, the teams played a single Limited Overs International (LOI) which the West Indies won.
Test series summary
- 1st Test at Antigua Recreation Ground, St John's – West Indies won by 6 wickets
- 2nd Test at Arnos Vale Stadium, Kingstown – match drawn
- West Indies won the toss and elected to field.
- Floyd Reifer (WI) made his Test debut.
- Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to field.
|This article on an international cricket tour of the West Indies is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|