Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Higher Values in Higher Education|
|Founder||N. P. V. Ramasamy Udayar|
|Chancellor||V. R. Venkatachalam|
Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (SRMC & RI), formerly Sri Ramachandra University (SRU), is an institute deemed to be university located in Porur, Chennai, India. SRMC & RI consists of eight constituent colleges with over 45 departments offering about 92 courses in health care and medical studies and research with more than 3500 students.
SRMC & RI was founded by Sri Ramachandra Education & Health Trust on September 11, 1985 by N. P. V. Ramasamy Udayar (1936–1998). It was founded as a medical college, and was awarded the deemed to be university status in September 1994.
In 1997, SRMC & RI entered into a relationship with Partners Harvard Medical International to pursue curriculum reform, faculty development, and improvements in health care quality and patient safety in the school's affiliated medical centre. One of the results of this collaboration was the achievement of accreditation by Joint Commission International in 2009, the first teaching hospital in India to obtain such accreditation from JCI. The institute has been accredited by NAAC with A Grade with a CGPA of 3.62 on a 4-point scale, the highest to be awarded to a medical institute in India. Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre is the associated teaching hospital for the school.
- Sri Ramachandra Dental College
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute
- Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing
- Sri Ramachandra College of Pharmacy
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Physiotherapy
- Sri Ramachandra College of Allied Health Sciences
- Sri Ramachandra College of Biomedical Science, Technology and Research
- Sri Ramachandra College of Management
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Public Health
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
- Dental (UG & PG)
- Nursing (UG &PG)
- Pharmacy (UG & PG)
- Higher Specialty Courses
A total of 98 Courses are offered in various categories by the institute.
|University and college rankings|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||62|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||40|
|Medical - India|
|India Today (2017)||6|
|The Week (2017)||16|
|Pharmacy – India|
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute 62 overall in India in 2018, 40 among universities and 21 in the pharmacy ranking. SRMC & RI was ranked sixth among medical colleges in India in 2017 by India Today and 16th by The Week.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Medical". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- Singh, Abhinav (18 June 2017). "The Week - Hansa Research Best Colleges Survey 2017: Top Medical Colleges - All India". The Week. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Pharmacy)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.