Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College
Emblem and Front View of SREC Coimbatore
|Motto||Enlightenment through Education|
|Type||Private Engineering (Autonomous Institution)|
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College (SREC) is an autonomous Engineering college in India founded by Sevaratna Dr.R.Venkatesalu.It It is affiliated with the Anna University in Chennai, and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) of New Delhi. It is accredited by the NBA (National Board of Accreditation) for most of its courses, and by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- 1 History
- 2 Academics
- 3 Admission procedure
- 4 Location
- 5 Student Associations
- 6 Library
- 7 Transport and Food Court
- 8 Medical Facilities
- 9 Hostels
- 10 Placements
- 11 Sports
- 12 External links
It was founded in the year 1994 by Philanthropist and Industrialist Sevaratna Dr.R.Venkatesalu. It provides various undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in engineering and other technical streams. The college got its autonomous status in 2007-2008 when Anna University was split into six different universities. SREC is one of many institutions managed by SNR Sons Charitable Trust, founded by Sevaratna Dr.R.Venkatesalu. Multistoried buildings are spread over the 42 acres of land.
- BE Computer Science Engineering
- BE Civil Engineering
- BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BE Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BE Aeronautical Engineering
- BE Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech Information Technology
- BE Biomedical Engineering
- M.E Power Electronics and Drives
- M.E Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E Manufacturing Engineering
- M.E Embedded Systems Technologies
- M.E VLSI
- M.E Nanoscience and Technology
- M.E Control and Instrumentation Engineering
- Master of Business Administration
Research Programmes (Bharathiar University)
- M. Phil (Computer Science)
- Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering)
For undergraduate programmes - first year of study
- Admissions are based on Single Window System
- Students ranked based on performance in +2 exam
- Admission for Management seats 35%
For undergraduate programmes - second year of study (Lateral entry)
- Strength – 10% of sanctioned seats in undergraduate programmes
- As per DOTE/Anna University norms.
For MCA & MBA programmes
- Single Window admission
- Students ranked based on performance in qualifying Degree and TANCET as per Tamil Nadu government regulations
- Reservation policy as per Tamil Nadu Government rules.
- Mechanical Engineering (MEQUEST)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Association
- Association of Electronics and Communication Engineering(ASELCOME)
- Association of Computer Science Engineering(ACE)
- Information Technology Engineer's Association(INTERACT)
- Association of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering(AEINSTENS)
- Association of Biomedical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineer's Association(AEA)
- Aeromodelling Club
- MCA(Merito CrAts)
- Science & Humanities Association
- SREC Alumni Association
- Computer Society of India(CSI)
- English Literary Society (ELS)
- Tamil Mandram
- Fine Arts Club (FAC)
- Quiz club(Q'Zenith)
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- Philately and Numismatics Club
- Red Ribbon Club
- Nature Club
The total area of the Library is 35172 Sqft (3269sqm) with a seating capacity of Seating Capacity of 100 General Reference: 40 Journals Section.
Total No.of Titles : 17273
Total no.of Volumes: 52221
Students can extensively use the Department of English and its Laboratory for learning Basic Interactive Communication skill practices, Vocabulary, Grammar, Pronunciation, Sentence Formation practices and TOEFL,GRE,GMAT and allied course practices.And also department of English has Numbers of Ph.d holding lectures to guide the students.
Transport and Food Court
The College has 32 buses for commutation. The buses ply to several destinations located at the outskirts of the Coimbatore City.
A Health Centre is Functioning in the campus to offer medical care in the campus.In case of emergency,student will be taken to Sri Ramakrishna Hospital for treatment through 24hr ambulance Facility in the campus.
Now Three hostel Blocks are available Two Plus One Under Construction for Men.One hostel Block is available for Women to accommodate a total of 1900 students.
SREC Placement and Training Cell opens the campus recruitment season for all undergraduate and postgraduate students in the beginning of their final year at the institution. Multinational and national companies are typically invited by the Placement Officer (PO) and the departmental Placement Representatives (PRs), and mutually convenient dates are scheduled for the recruitment process.
SREC hosts Soccer, Hockey, Cricket, Hand Ball and Athletics Fields, Tennis Courts, Volley Ball Courts, Basket Ball Courts, Ball Badminton.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College.|