Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Engineering college, College of Computer Applications and College of Business Management|
|Dean||K. Kasthuri and P. Ramasamy|
|Director||S B. Srinivasan, and K. G. Narayanan|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Affiliations||National Tsing Hua University|
Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering (SSNCE), popularly known as SSN, is an engineering institution located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The college is certified to ISO 9001:2000 standard by the National Board of Accreditation.
Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering was started in 1996 by Shiv Nadar. The college was opened in 1996 at a temporary location in Thoraipakkam in the suburbs of Chennai, Tamil Nadu as an affiliate of Anna University. It later moved to a 1 square kilometre campus at Kalavakkam (Thiruporur Panchayat) on Rajiv Gandhi Salai (Old Mahabalipuram Road) in 1998.
Admissions into all courses are done through merit and management basis. A certain percentage of seats go to the Anna University Single Window System (AU SWS) and gets filled as Merit and the remaining seats are filled through an exam followed by interview termed as management quota. This percentage may vary each year. Similarly for Masters courses seats are filled on the basis of TANCET scores by AU SWS and separate exam.
Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering has been ranked as the 52nd best Engineering College of India in the Edu-Rand Rankings of 2015. The survey was done jointly by Edu, an Indian company and Rand Corporation, a non-profit American thinktank.
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Cricketer
- MK Balaji, Playback Singer
- Balaji Mohan, Film Director
- Anaka Alankamony, Squash Player
- Murugan Ashwin, cricketer
- "SSN Trust offers Rs 4 crore scholarships". Che nnaionline.com. 13 June 2006. Retrieved 3 August 2009.
- "ICT must be made more affordable". Business Line. 27 December 2002. Retrieved 4 August 2009.
- "SSN-Carnegie Mellon University offers masters in IT". The Hindu. 27 February 2006. Retrieved 4 August 2009.
- "Best engineering colleges in India". digit.in.
- "Case Studies, Leaders, Policy, Administration, Industry Focus, Campus, Technology". www.edu-leaders.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SSN College of Engineering.|