Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Location||Chennai, Tiruvallur, Tamil Nadu, India
|Campus||30 acres (120,000 m2)|
|Affiliations||AICTE and NBA|
The college was established in 1999 with AICTE approval and started functioning in 2000. Sri Venkateswara Educational and Cultural Trust was formed to provide educational opportunities to students in and around
SVCET is Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in India.
- Computer Science and technology
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Computer Application
- Master of Business Administration
The college offers education in various branches of engineering. It has laboratories for:
- Electrical Machinery and Microprocessor
- Electronic Circuits, Linear Integrated Circuits, Electron Devices and Telecommunication
- Drawing Hall
The courses of study are organized on semester programs with each semester providing for a minimum of seventy instructional days. The language of instruction is English. Students are evaluated on a continuous basis throughout the semester.
There are presently five associations in the College to broaden the spectrum of knowledge of the student and provide an insight into the practical application of theoretical aspects taught in the class.
- Information Technology Association.
- Computer Science And Engineering Association.
- Electrical And Electronics Engineering Association.
- Electronics And Communication Engineering Association.
- Civil Engineering Association.
- Mechanical Engineering Association.
The Department of Civil Engineering is Ranked No.1 with 95.3% among the Engineering colleges affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
A Fine Arts Club at the college aims at developing the student's talents in music, drama, drawing, writing, and elocution.
Eligible students can avail scholarship facilities offered by both the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu. Besides these, the college management may also offer financial support in deserving cases.
Career counseling and guidance
The college conducts regular counseling sessions for students to improve their studies and score better in the university and competitive examinations. The college also gives guidance to pursue post-graduate studies. Each student is attached to a faculty member who acts as the student's counselor for guiding and directing him in academic and personal development to attain academic excellence with professional competence and sound character.
One of the best colleges in Tiruvellore district. Giving importance to students scoring good marks in their 12th standard. No tuition fees for first coming five students in all departments who scoring 90% and above. This is first-come, first-served basis.
The college holds many inter college cultural, technical and sports meets. The most successful inter college event has been eQuest, which is organized by the department of IT and CSE and Evoluzione, which is organized by department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering .
- The Times of India dated May 25, 2009. (page 2)
- "SVCET Official Website". Retrieved 2006-03-30.