|Citizenship||US and Canada|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley (PhD 1991)|
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (B.Tech 1986)
|Awards||ACM Fellow (2012)  |
Sloan Fellowship (1997-1999)
David J. Sakrison Memorial Prize, UC Berkeley 1991-1992 
|Institutions||University of Cambridge |
University of Waterloo
|Thesis||Congestion Control in Computer Networks (1991)|
|Doctoral advisor||Domenico Ferrari|
After undergraduate studies at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in 1986, he received his PhD in 1991 from the University of California, Berkeley, with a thesis entitled Congestion Control in Computer Networks. His advisor was Domenico Ferrari. He then joined the research staff at Bell Labs; while at Bell Labs, he also had visiting faculty positions at IIT Delhi and Columbia University. In 1996 he became an associate professor at Cornell University; he then left academia in 1999 to co-found Ensim Corporation. In 2003, he joined the faculty at the University of Waterloo, where he held a Canada Research Chair in Tetherless Computing from 2004 to 2014 and a Cisco Systems Chair in Smart Grid from 2012 to 2017.
He is the inventor, along with his students at the University of Waterloo, of KioskNet, a system for providing internet access in impoverished countries. He has been co-director of the Information Systems and Science for Energy (ISS4E) Laboratory at the University of Waterloo since 2010. At the University of Cambridge, Prof. Keshav continues to work on research and teach in areas related to sustainable energy.
Academic works and affiliations
Honors and awards
- "For contributions to computer communication networks and systems." 
- IEEE Fellow (2019)
- IIT Delhi Distinguished Alumni Award (2019)
- Fellow, Royal Society of Canada, 2019
- "ACM Fellows 2012 SRINIVASAN KESHAV". acm.org. acm.
- "David J. Sakrison Prize".
- "Srinivasan Keshav appointed to the Robert Sansom Professorship, 2019".
- Curriculum vitae at Cornell University, retrieved 2010-01-28.
- Board of Directors Archived August 20, 2008, at Archive.today After Ensim, retrieved 2010-01-28.
- Tetherless computing lab Archived July 7, 2012, at Archive.today, U. of Waterloo.
- Barbara Aggerholm (March 3, 2008), "Better connections", Waterloo Region Record, retrieved January 28, 2010.
- ISS4E Laboratory 
- Keshav, Srinivasan (1997), An Engineering Approach to Computer Networking: ATM Networks, the Internet, and the Telephone Network, Professional Computing Series, Addison-Wesley, ISBN 978-0-201-63442-6.
- Review by Jim LeValley (1999), The Internet Protocol Journal 2 (4): 33, retrieved 2010-01-28.
- Keshav, Srinivasan (2012), Mathematical Foundations of Computer Networking, Professional Computing Series, Addison-Wesley
- Computer Communication Review, ACM SIGCOMM. Accessed August 24, 2010