Srisailam Project (RFC) Township
|Srisailam Project (RFC) Township|
|• Total||5.96 km2 (2.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,600/km2 (9,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 21|
As of 2001[update] India census, Srisailam Project (RFC) Township had a population of 23,257. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Srisailam Project (RFC) Township has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 50%. In Srisailam Project (RFC) Township, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Srisailam dam which was built over Krishna river is one of the largest dams in South India.
- Nagarjunasagar-Srisailam Sanctuary, India's largest tiger reserve is spread over 3500 Sq. km. This Sanctuary is a natural habitat of diverse species of flora and fauna. The lush and dense Nallamala forest range is a popular destination for trekking, hill climbing, forest exploration and research, to which Srisailam town acts as a base camp.
- Brahmaramba Mallikarjuna Temple enshrines Lord Mallikarjuna and is an ancient temple built in a Dravidian style with specimens showcasing the Vijayanagara architecture.
- Akka Mahadevi Caves, Pathalaganga, Shikareshwara Temple are few other attractions in this place.
This town hosts both the offices and residences of many A.P. Government departments and its employees A.P. Irrigation Department, APGENCO, APTransco, A.P. Forest Department.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu. DAV English Medium School is the most popular school which produced talented people like Viswanath, Sai Kumar Reddy and Karthik Reddy
- "District Census Handbook – Kurnool" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 12,228. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Pin Code of Srisailam in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "Srisailam Mandal map" (PDF). Census of India. p. 319. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "SRISAILAM - TRAVEL GUIDE". Trawell.in. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|This article about a location in Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|