Srisailam Project (RFC) Township
|Srisailam Project (RFC) Township|
|• Total||5.96 km2 (2.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,600/km2 (9,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Srisailam Project (RFC) Township had a population of 23,257. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Srisailam Project (RFC) Township has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 50%. In Srisailam Project (RFC) Township, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This town hosts both the offices and residences of many A.P. Government departments and its employees A.P. Irrigation Department, APGENCO, APTransco, A.P. Forest Department.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu. DAV English Medium School is the most popular school which produced talented people like Viswanath, Sai Kumar Reddy and Karthik Reddy
- "District Census Handbook – Kurnool" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 12,228. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Srisailam Mandal map" (PDF). Census of India. p. 319. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|This article about a location in Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|