Srivastava is a common surname in Northern India, notably among Kayasthas. However, recent times have also seen this surname used in other communities. Spelling variations include Shreevastava, Shrivastav, Shrivastava, Shrivastva, Srivastav, Srivastva, Srivastava, Sriwastaw and Srivastwa.
Notable people with this name
Notable people named Srivastava (or its variations) include:
- Aadesh Shrivastava (1966–2015), Indian music director
- Aanjjan Srivastav (born 1948), Indian film, television and stage dancer/actor
- Aditya Shrivastava (born 1968), Indian actor
- Ambarish Srivastava, Indian architectural engineer and poet
- Anand & Milind Shrivastav, Indian Music Directors
- Ashirbadi Lal Srivastava, Indian historian
- Chandrika Prasad Srivastava (1920–2013), Indian diplomat
- Chitragupta Shrivastava, Indian Music Director
- Ramesh Srivastava American singer
- Dheer Charan Srivastav (born 1967), Indian actor
- Ganesh Prasad Srivastava (1933-2011), Physicist, Author
- Hari Om Srivastava (born 1947), Indian broadcast engineer
- Hari Shankar Srivastava (born 1922), Indian historian
- J. N. Srivastava (1933-2010), Mathematician
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (1918–2008, recorded by Allahabad University as "M.C. Shrivastava"), introduced Transcendental Meditation
- Mansi Shrivastav (born 1990), Indian TV actress
- Nikhil Srivastava, Mathematician
- Nirmala Srivastava (1923–2011), founder of Sahaja Yoga
- Onkar Nath Srivastava (born 1942), Materials Physicist
- Rajendra Srivastava, Indian academic
- Raju Srivastav (born 1963), Indian comedian
- Sanjeev Srivastava, Indian journalist
- Zamindaar Babu Trilok Nath (born Trilok Nath Shrivastav 1866-1960) was a royal prince from the princely state of British India. He hailed from the Lalitaditya of Karkoṭa kayastha Empire.
- Notable Srivastavas who changed their name
The following or their ancestors were born Srivastava but changed their surname to their title:
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan (1907–2003, born Harivansh Rai Shrivastava), Indian poet
- Parichay Das, writer and editor, born Ravindra Nath Srivastava
- Natwarlal (1912–2009, born Mithilesh Kumar Srivastava, Indian con man
- Jayaprakash Narayan (1902-1979, born son of Harsu Dayal Srivastava), Indian independence activist, social reformer and political leader.
- Munshi Premchand (1880–1936, born Dhanpat Rai Srivastava), Indian writer
|This page lists people with the surname Srivastava. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
- Lucy Carroll (1977). "Caste, Community and Caste(s) Association: A Note on the Organization of the Kayastha Conference and the Definition of a Kayastha Community". Contributions to Asian studies, Volume 10. Brill Archive. p. 3. ISBN 978-90-04-04926-0.
- S. S. Shashi, ed. (1996). Encyclopaedia Indica: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh: Volume 100. Anmol. p. 117. ISBN 978-81-7041-859-7.