Facelifted SsangYong Kyron
|Also called||Micro Kyron (Sri Lanka)|
Naberezhnye Chelny, Russia (2006-2009)
Vladivostok, Russia (2009-2014)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Wheelbase||2,740 mm (107.9 in)|
|Length||4,660 mm (183.5 in)|
|Width||1,880 mm (74.0 in)|
|Height||1,755 mm (69.1 in)|
|Successor||Ssangyong Rexton W|
The SsangYong Kyron is a mid-size SUV built by the SsangYong Motor Company. It has a Mercedes-Benz diesel engine and was designed by MG's Ken Greenly. In 2007, the Kyron received a facelift. The name of the car is an inaccurate portmanteu made combining the pronounced sound of the mathematical symbol chi (//) and the word run, which is intended to mean "infinite run."
The XDi270 diesel engine is available on the Kyron increasing the performance to 121 kW (162 hp)/340 N·m (250 lb·ft). Both the XDi200 and XDi270 uses the 3rd-generation Common Rail technology.The direct injection system slightly boosts the power and fuel efficiency. The new third generation ECU is operating on 32-bit platform rather than the 16-bit found on the previous 2 generations of common-rail technology. There is also 3.2 MPI engine available reaching up to 162 kW - 220 hp. The transmission on all models is Mercedes Benz 5G-Tronic model W722-6 5 speed.
SsangYong hybrid system at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show
- "SsangYong Kyron". Wroom.ru.
- "SsangYong Kyron: gets a facelift - Family Matters - CARSguide". Old.carsguide.news.com.au. 21 September 2007. Archived from the original on September 12, 2009. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Kim, Hye-won (10 August 2012). "[Brand story] 한국GM & 르노삼성 & 쌍용" [Brand story. GM Korea, Renault Samsung and SsangYong] (in Korean). Theiauto.com. Archived from the original on 23 March 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "SsangYong C200 production version". Zercustoms.com. 17 March 2009. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Dakar 2009". Dakar.com. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SsangYong Kyron.|
SsangYong Motor Company, automobile timeline, 1980s–present
|Full-size luxury car||Chairman H|
|Mini SUV||Korando I||Korando II||Tivoli|
|Compact SUV||Actyon||Korando III|
|Mid-size SUV||Korando Family||Musso||Kyron|
|Rexton I||Rexton II||Rexton III|
|Pick-up||Musso Sports||Actyon Sports|
|Large MPV||Istana||Rodius I||Rodius II|