St. Albert's College
|Motto||For Truth and Service|
|Established||16 July 1946|
|Affiliation||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam|
|Archdiocese of Verapoly|
|Chairman||Rev. Fr. Antony Arackal|
|Principal||Dr. M L Joseph|
|Location||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Campus||13.63 acres (Total)|
St. Albert's College (Autonomous) located at Kochi, India, started in 1946 is an accredited first grade Arts, Science and Commerce College affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India with autonomous status conferred by University Grants Commission (UGC), India. It has eighteen degree courses, twelve postgraduate courses and five research centres. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited the College at the A level with an aggregate score of 3.24. College had completed 3cycles of NAAC accreditation and in last two NAAC accreditation College is accredited at 'A' Grade. The college was founded by late Dr. Joseph Attippetty, the first Indian Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Verapoly. St. Albert's College has been granted autonomous status in 2016 by the NAAC.
Archbishop Attippetty started a new college at Ernakulam, then the capital of the former State of Cochin. In 1946 the University of Madras authorised setting up a second grade college, which began functioning on 16 July 1946, in the old St.Albert's High School building, situated in front of the present college campus. with 150 students in the first year intermediate class. As of 2014[update] the college was under the patronage of Francis Kallarakal, Metropolitan Archbishop of Verapoly, affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University.
Some specialties of the college in addition to what is written above.
- B.Sc. in Physics (Bachelor of Science) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Sc. in Chemistry (Bachelor of Science) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Sc. in Vocational Chemistry (Bachelor of Science) - 6 semesters - Aided
- B.Sc. in Mathematics (Bachelor of Science) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Sc. in Botany (Bachelor of Science) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Sc. in Zoology (Bachelor of Science) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Sc. in Aqua culture (Bachelor of Science) - 6 semesters - Aided
- B.Sc. in Industrial Fish & Fisheries (Bachelor of Science) - 6 semesters - Self Finance
- B.Sc. Computer Science (Bachelor of Science) - 3 years - Self Finance
- B.A. in Economics (Bachelor of Arts) - 3 years - Aided
- B.A. in English Literature (Bachelor of Arts) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Com. Taxation (Bachelor of Commerce) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Com. Computer Application (Bachelor of Commerce) - 3 years
- B.Com. Taxation (Bachelor of Commerce) - 3 years - Self Finance
- B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) - 3 years - Self Finance
- B.Voc. Renewable Energy (Bachelor of Vocation) - 3 years - Aided
- B.Voc. Logistics Management (Bachelor of Vocation) - 3 years - Aided
- M.Sc. in Physics with specialization in Computer Science (Master of Science) - 4 semesters
- M.Sc. in Chemistry (Master of Science) - 4 semesters
- M.Sc. in Mathematics with specialization in Computer Programming (Master of Science) - 4 semesters
- M.Sc. in Botany with specialization in Plant Biotechnology (Master of Science) - 4 semesters
- M.Sc. in Zoology with specialization in Medical Microbiology (Master of Science) - 4 semesters
- M.Sc. in Applied Fisheries and Aquaculture (Master of Science) - 4 semesters
- M.Com. (Master of Commerce with specialization in Financial Management) - 4 semesters
- M. A. in English Language and Literature (Master of Arts) - 4 semesters
- M. A. in Economics (Master of Arts) - 4 semesters
- M.B.A (Master of Business Administration with 4 specializations- Finance Management, Human Resource, Information Technology and Marketing) - 4 Semesters with several add on courses.
- M.Sc. Space Science and Technology (UGC- Innovative Programme) (Master of Science) - 4 semesters
- M.S.W (Master of Social Work) - 4 Semesters
Research programmes (Ph.D.)
- Mathematics: areas of research are fuzzy subgroups, fuzzy sets and systems, fuzzy groups and group homomorphisms, and group theory. The department proudly publishes an international refereed half-yearly Research Journal "The Albertian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics" (TAJOPAM).
- Commerce: the first Ph.D. from Commerce faculty of the affiliating University graduated from this center. The faculty undertakes research projects funded by agencies like ICSSR, UGC etc. The department mainly focuses on problems related particularly to the state of Kerala and Southern States of India.
- Chemistry: Main areas of research in Chemistry Department are Polymer Chemistry and Technology, Environmental Studies and issues relevant to the city of Kochi, the industrial capital of Kerala. Members of faculty have attracted project funds from various agencies, augmenting infrastructure for research. The faculty has several publications in reputed national and international research journals.
- Botany: The Department was recently recognized as a research department. Research projects are carried out in the department. Facilities and expertise is available to carry out research in the field of Physiology, Environmental Biology and Plant tissue culture. The faculties has publication is many national and international journals.
- Zoology: The department has facilities for research leading to Ph.D. in areas of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Pollution studies. Presently the department has four research guides who are also involved in projects funded by UGC. The departments also intends to take up collaborative research projects.
- Aquaculture: The department is recognised as research Department in 2016. Department have the supporting facilities to pursue research in a wide area like aquaculture, nutrition, ecology, hydro-biology, fresh water fish conservation, socio-economics of fishing communities, resource mapping, EIA etc. The Department has running projects with many international agencies like CEPF, PADI, New England Aquarium etc. Department also promotes collaborative research programmes with foreign Universities.
- Cochin Haneefa
- P. F. Mathews
- Dominic Presentation
- T. Ramachandran
- Simon Britto Rodrigues
- K. T. Thomas (Justice)
- Football Club
- Tennis Club
- Hockey Club
- Cricket Club
- Basketball Club
- Volleyball Club
- Athletic Club
- Indoor Games
- Martial Arts
- Badminton Club
- Tables Tennis Club
- Film Club
- Quiz Club
- Debate Club - Oratory Club
- Literary Club
- Music Club
- Fine Arts Club
- Nature Club
- Photography Club
- Encon Club
- Tourism Club
- Astronomy Club
- Theatre Club
- Vincent de Paul
- Jesus Youth
- Xavier Board of Higher Education