St. Boniface Roman Catholic Church (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
St. Boniface Roman Catholic Church
|Location||2208 East Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Area||0.7 acres (0.28 ha)|
|Built||1925 and 1926|
|Architectural style||Romanesque Revival, Byzantine Revival, Italianate|
|NRHP Reference #||81000525|
|Added to NRHP||November 17, 1981|
The parish was founded in 1884 by German-Americans. The church building located at 2208 East Street was constructed in 1925 and 1926, and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1981. The church has a three bay nave, and a pendentive dome. Guastavino tile system on the dome and interior vaulting, and the exterior is cased in limestone with some carving.
Today, the church is used by Holy Wisdom Parish, a 1994 union between St. Ambrose Parish in Spring Hill and St. Boniface. It is also home to St. John XXIII Personal Quasi-Parish, which is dedicated exclusively to the Traditional Latin Mass (Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite). St. John XXIII Parish website.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Historic Landmark Plaques 1968-2009 (PDF). Pittsburgh, PA: Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation. 2010. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- "Die St. Bonifazius Kirche, Nordfeite"
- "Holy Wisdom". Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Saint John XXIII Personal Quasi-Parish". Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh. Retrieved January 5, 2016.
|This article about a Catholic Church in the United States church building is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a building or structure in Pittsburgh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|