St Clair railway station
St Clair railway station in 2014. The site of the former Cheltenham Racecourse station, which St Clair replaced, can be seen in the background.
|Line(s)||Outer Harbor Line|
|Distance||8.6 km from Adelaide|
|Opened||23 February 2014|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
Construction of St Clair station began in June 2013, with the station opening on 23 February 2014. It is the official replacement for the Cheltenham Racecourse railway station, which closed in 2009 and was later demolished.
In late 2016, the station was ranked as one of the best stations in the western suburbs based on 5 criteria. The reasons cited included: "Very clean, fine paintwork, no graffiti and no smell. Area well landscaped."
Services by platform
|1||Outer Harbor||all stops services to Outer Harbor||some peak hour services terminate at Osborne|
|2||Outer Harbor||all stops services to Adelaide|
- Outer Harbor & Grange timetable Adelaide Metro 23 February 2014
- Construction begins on St Clair Station Government of South Australia 19 June 2013
- Construction begins on Adelaide's new St Clair Station Urbanalyst 25 June 2013
- St Clair station open for passengers on 23 February 2014 Department for Planning, Transport & Infrastructure
- "Adelaide Metro service changes during February" Railway Digest April 2014 page 17
- "And the worst rail stop in the west goes to …". The Advertiser. 2016-09-08. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
Media related to St Clair railway station, Adelaide at Wikimedia Commons