St. Clare's (series)
1st edition of 1st book.
|Author||Enid Blyton and Pamela Cox|
|Cover artist||David Roberts|
|Publisher||Eurokids International Ltd.|
|Published||1941–1945, 2000, 2008|
|Published in English||1941–1945, 2000, 2008|
|No. of books||9 (6 by Blyton, 3 by Cox)|
St. Clare's is a series of nine books written by English children's author Enid Blyton and Pamela Cox about a boarding school of that name. The series follows the heroines Patricia "Pat" and Isabel O'Sullivan from their first year at St. Clare's on. Other characters include Alison O'Sullivan (the twins' cousin), Hilary Wentworth, Carlotta Brown (an ex-circus girl), Janet Robins, Doris Elward, Kitty Flaherty (who brought her pet goat, McGinty), "The Honourable" Angela Favorleigh, Alma Pudden, "Catty" Elsie Fanshawe, Gladys, Mirabel, Anne-Marie, Claudine, Antoinette and Roberta "Bobby" Ellis, Winifred James (the head girl when Pat and Isabel were in the first form), Tessie (the head girl of the second form), Margery Fenworthy (who got expelled from 6 schools but made a friend in the end), Lucy Oreill ( who became Margery's friend), Erica (the troublemaker), Priscilla Parsons (the sixth former who was expelled), Joan Terry (who got bullied by Priscilla).
And the teachers are: Miss Roberts (the first form teacher), Miss Jenks (the second form teacher), Miss Adams (the third form teacher), Miss Kennedy (the history teacher who took over a teacher for a term), Miss Lewis (the history teacher who was sick for a term), Miss Theobald (the head mistress who used to coach students in maths), Mamzelle (the French mistress), Miss Harry (the sixth form teacher).
Enid Blyton published the original six books of St. Clare's series from 1941 to 1945.
- Blyton, Enid (2005-07-04) , The Twins at St. Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, ISBN 1-4052-1977-7
- Blyton, Enid (2005-07-04) , The O'Sullivan Twins, Egmont Books Ltd, ISBN 1-4052-1978-5
- Blyton, Enid (2005-07-04) , Summer Term at St. Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, ISBN 1-4052-1979-3
- Blyton, Enid (2005-07-04) , Second Form at St. Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, ISBN 1-4052-1981-5
- Blyton, Enid (2005-09-05) , Claudine at St.Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, ISBN 1-4052-1983-1
- Blyton, Enid (2005-10-03) , Fifth Formers at St. Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, ISBN 1-4052-1984-X
Pamela Cox published three more books in the series:
- Third Form at St. Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, 2005-08-01 , ISBN 1-4052-1982-3
- Sixth Form at St. Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, 2005-11-07 , ISBN 1-4052-1985-8
- Kitty at St Clare's, Egmont Books Ltd, 2008-04-07 , ISBN 978-1-4052-3038-4
Dean School Omnibus Editions
- Blyton, Enid (November 1991), The Twins at St Clare's: The First Three Books Complete and Unabridged, Dean, ISBN 0-603-55063-0
- Blyton, Enid (October 1993), Back to St Clare's, Dean & Son, ISBN 0-603-55110-6
Three German films: