St. Davids station
|SEPTA Regional Rail commuter rail station|
The Saint Davids station, facing east, including the tracks and the inbound and outbound platforms
|Location||85 Chamounix Road
(at Lancaster Avenue)
Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087
|Line(s)||Keystone Corridor (Main Line)
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||SEPTA Suburban Bus: 106|
|Parking||107 spaces (57 daily, 50 public daily)|
|Bicycle facilities||4 racks (14 spaces)|
|Electrified||September 11, 1915|
|Passengers (2011)||258 (weekday boardings)|
St. Davids station is a commuter rail station located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia at the intersection of Chamounix Road & Glynn Lane, Wayne, Pennsylvania. Named for the nearby historic Episcopal church, the station is served by most Paoli/Thorndale Line trains. There is no ticket office at this station. There are 107 parking spaces at the station.
St. Davids station is 13.7 track miles from Philadelphia's Suburban Station, and was originally built in 1890 by the Pennsylvania Railroad. The station depot was demolished in 1966 and replaced with the existing structure. In 2011, the average total weekday boardings at this station was 258, and the average total weekday alightings was 267.
There is currently an ongoing effort to raise funding for a planned restoration of the station shelters to their original 19th-century condition. This restoration includes replacing later woodwork that utilized simple designs not matching original specifications, return of cast-iron Pennsylvania Railroad station signage, and repainting the station shelters to historically accurate colors.
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Archived from the original on May 21, 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Existing Railroad Stations in Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Tatnall, Frank (Fall 2015). "A Century of Catenary". Classic Trains. 16 (3): 26.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Google Map of Saint Davids Stataion location
- Yanosey, Robert (2009). Pennsylvania Railroad Facilities In Color. Volume 3: Philadelphia Division. Scotch Plains, New Jersey: Morning Sun Books, Inc. p. 96. ISBN 1582482551.
- "What We're Doing". Friends of St. Davids Station. Retrieved 2013-01-18.
Media related to St. Davids (SEPTA station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This Pennsylvania train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to SEPTA is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|