St. Francis DeSales High School (Columbus, Ohio)
|St. Francis DeSales High School|
|4212 Karl Road
Columbus, Ohio, (Franklin County) 43224
|Motto||Faith. Family. Tradition.|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Monsignor James M. Berendt|
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Diocese of Columbus|
|Student to teacher ratio||17:1|
|Color(s)||Purple and White|
|Slogan||Empowering Students for Life|
|Athletics conference||Central Catholic League|
|Average SAT scores||1663|
|Average ACT scores||23.2|
|Publication||The Mighty Pen|
|Athletic Director||Tom Neubert|
|Director of Admissions||Julie Barber|
|Dean of Students||Bill Steller|
|Director of Alumni Relations||Tom Snyder|
St. Francis DeSales High School is located in Columbus, Ohio. Students come from the Columbus Public School District and suburban school districts: Big Walnut, Delaware, Gahanna Jefferson, Lewis Center, New Albany-Plain Local, Olentangy, Westerville and Worthington.
Founded in 1960, St. Francis DeSales High School began with the values of Faith, Family and Tradition. The community was envisioned by Monsignor James M. Berendt who had been chosen to form the co-ed high school. Today there are over 800 students and the faculty and staff size has also grown.
St. Francis DeSales High School is the recipient of two Blue Ribbon Awards of Excellence in Education.
Clubs and activities
Over 90% of the students are involved in the arts, athletics, student government, or one of the many clubs and organizations offered on campus. The school offers Latin Club, Italian Club, French Club, Spanish Club, Chinese Club, Business Club, Engineering Club, St. Vincent DePaul, a National Honors Society chapter, Drama Club, Art Club, Student Council, Model UN Club, Mock Trial, Environmental Club, Corral for the Kids (benefits pediatric cancer patients), Run the Race Club (benefits Brian Muha Foundation), Ronald McDonald Baking Club, Rosary Making Club, Equus Literary Magazine, Math Club, Horizons (Liturgical Choir), Band, Flag Corps, Writing Club, Wrestling Stats, In-the-Know, History Club, Ski Club, Yoga Club, Student Ambassadors, Stallions for Health & Wellness, and Fishing Club.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Football - 1985, 1997, 1998
- Wrestling - 1971, 1974, 1977 
- Basketball – 1987 
- Baseball - 1979, 2011, 2012 
- Boys Soccer - 1986, 1992, 1997, 2009, 2014, 2015 
- Girls Soccer - 1995, 1997, 1998, 2011 
- Girls Volleyball - 1982 
- Boys Doubles Tennis - 1982
- Boys Gymnastics - 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
- Girls Double Tennis - 2009
- Boys Lacrosse - 2012
- Girls Lacrosse- 2016
- Blaine Wilson, Olympic silver medalist
- Antonio Daniels, former NBA Player
- Luke Fickell, Head football coach at the University of Cincinnati, former co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach for Ohio State
- Matt Stewart, former NFL player
- Gary Berry, former NFL player
- Matt D'Orazio, former AFL player
- John Holgado, bass guitar player for post-hardcore band Attack Attack!
- Elijah Allen, Professional Basketball player
- Paul Haynes, Head Football Coach at Kent State University
- Patrick Omameh, Professional football player
- Jane Grote-Abell, Chairwoman of Donatos Pizza
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2015)|
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Wrestling". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Basketball AA". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.