St. George's Grammar School (Hyderabad)
|St. George's Grammar School|
|School type||Christian missionary|
|Motto||Perseverantia Omnia Vincit|
(Perseverance Conquers All Things)
|Patron saint(s)||St. George|
|Founder||British Officers, Nizam of Hyderabad|
|Oversight||Medak Diocese, Church of South India|
|Colour(s)||Maroon and Grey|
St. George's Grammar School is a private school located at Abids, Hyderabad. It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
The school was established in 1834, named Hyderabad Residency School, to cater for the educational needs of the children of the British community serving the government in Hyderabad. It is the oldest English medium school of the city and one of the oldest in India. In 1867 the school changed its name to The Chudderghat Protestant School, and in 1891 to St.George's Grammar School. In 1865 a separate girls' school was established, the first in Hyderabad.
- Sanjay Reddy<https://scholars.library.tamu.edu/vivo/display/n28054661/Persons/View%20All>
- Ali Nawaz Jung Bahadur
- Mirza Hameeduallah Beg
- Hasan Gafoor
- Abid Hasan
- Idris Hasan Latif
- Sarojini Naidu
- Suresh Oberoi
- K. T. Rama Rao
- Rakesh Sharma
- Vinai Thummalapalli
- Staff Reporter (24 December 2010). "When old memories came alive". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "St.George's Grammar School. About us". stgeorgesgrammar.in. Retrieved 27 December 2021.
- "Nawab Ali Nawaz Jang: an unsung great Indian engineer | The Siasat Daily". archive.siasat.com. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "St. George's Grammar School, Personalities. Archived copy". stgeorgesgrammarschool.in. Archived from the original on 29 October 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2021.
- Reddy, Captain Pandu Ranga. "Meet Abid Hasan, Hyderabadi who gave 'Jai Hind' slogan". www.siasat.com. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Staff Reporter (22 December 2010). "Grammar School crosses milestone". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "A birthday special on KTR." ap7am.com. Retrieved 19 August 2018.