St. Helen Without
St Helen Without is a civil parish in the Vale of White Horse district in the English county of Oxfordshire. In 1974 it was transferred from Berkshire. It is immediately west of Abingdon and includes the villages of Dry Sandford and Shippon. A large part of the parish is occupied by Dalton Barracks and its associated airfield (formerly RAF Abingdon). According to the 2001 census the parish had a population of 2,623. The parish was created by the Local Government Act 1894, by the division of the parish of Abingdon St. Helen. The part inside Abingdon Municipal Borough became part of Abingdon parish, whilst that part outside became St. Helen Without. It became part of the Abingdon Rural District of Berkshire in 1894, and then part of the Vale of White Horse in Oxfordshire under the Local Government Act 1972.
- "Area: St. Helen Without CP (Parish): Parish Headcounts". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- Page W.H and Ditchfield D.H (eds) (1924). "Parishes: St. Helen's". A History of the County of Berkshire: Volume 4. Institute of Historical Research. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
|author=has generic name (help)
Media related to St. Helen Without at Wikimedia Commons
- Wootton and Dry Sandford website
- Royal Berkshire History: North Abingdon
- A Vision of Britain Through Time: Relationships / unit history of Abingdon St Helen Without