St. Ives Times & Echo
Front page of St. Ives Times & Echo
|Owner(s)||St. Ives Printing & Publishing Company|
|Founded||The Western Echo (1899), The St. Ives Times (1910), merged (1957)|
|Headquarters||High Street, St Ives, Cornwall, England,|
The modern St. Ives Times & Echo is the result of a number of incorporations culminating with the amalgamation of The Western Echo (founded in 1899 by William J. Jacobs) and The St. Ives Times (founded in 1910 by Martin Osbourne Clock) amalgamated in 1957. The St Ives Printing and Publishing Company that owns the newspaper also prints the newspaper itself, as well as printing and publishing and books on art and the environment.
Circulation and content
Published every Friday, its circulation covers the St. Ives Bay Area and is intensive in the old Borough area of St Ives which encompasses Carbis Bay Halsetown, St. Erth and Lelant. In Hayle the newspaper is published under its own banner of The Hayle Times with identical content. It covers mainly local news with some national and occasionally international news items, particularly art related, which have local interest or appeal. Its current proprietor and editor is Toni Carver.
The St Ives Times and Echo prints on recycled sc mechanical paper (since the 1960s), instead of the more normal newsprint, as well as printing photographs (black & white only) to a higher resolution than is normal for a newspaper. It has advertisements on its front page (the Cornish & Devon Post also does this), and it prints in ISO SRA 3 page format (bigger than tabloid but smaller than broadsheet). The main office is in the High Street in St. Ives.
- "The St Ives Times & Echo and The Hayle Times". Stivesnews.co.uk. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Whybrow, Marion (1994). St Ives, 1883-1993: Portrait of an Art Colony. Antique Collectors' Club. p. 17. ISBN 978-1-85149-170-4. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Whybrow1994" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Noall, Cyril (19 August 1977). The Book of St. Ives: A Portrait of the Town. Barracuda Books. p. 144.
- Willing's Press Guide. J. Willing, junr., lim. 2004. p. 210.
- Newspaper Press Directory. Benn. 1974. p. 123.
- Glynne, Jonathan; Hackney, Fiona; Viv, Minton, (1 June 2010). Networks of Design: Proceedings of the 2008 Annual International Conference of the Design History Society (UK) University College Falmouth, 3-6 Septem. Universal-Publishers. p. 520. ISBN 978-1-59942-906-9.
- The London Directory and International Register of Manufacturers, Wholesalers & Shippers. London Directory Company, Limited. 1958. p. 842.