St. James's Place plc
|Traded as||LSE: STJ|
|Headquarters||Cirencester, Gloucestershire, UK|
Sir Mark Weinberg, Life President
Mike Wilson, Life President
David Bellamy, CEO
Andrew Croft, Chief Financial Officer
David Lamb, Managing Director
Ian Gascoigne, Managing Director
|Revenue||£11,354.7 million (2016)|
|£486.3 million (2016)|
|£140.6 million (2016)|
St. James's Place plc (branded as St. James's Place Wealth Management) is a UK-based wealth management business. It is headquartered in Cirencester and has 20 regional offices throughout the UK among recently acquired offices in China and Hong Kong. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1997 and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The business was founded by Mike Wilson CBE, Sir Mark Weinberg and Lord Rothschild in 1991 as J Rothschild Assurance Group, later changed to St. James's Place plc. In 1992, the Directors of J Rothschild Assurance Group established a Charitable Foundation. In 2000, HBOS plc took a 60 percent shareholding in the business, a stake which passed to Lloyds Banking Group, on its acquisition of HBOS in 2009. In March 2013, Lloyds sold 20% of its shareholding in St. James's Place to a broad base of institutional investors and sold the remaining holdings in December 2013.  In March 2014, St. James's Place joined the FTSE 100 Index.
The St. James's Place Foundation, founded in 1992, is the charitable arm of the St. James's Place Wealth Management Group. The Foundation aims to improve the quality of life for those people in need as a result of disability or disadvantage. In 18 years the Foundation has raised more than £18m and distributed the majority of those funds to more than 700 charities, with grants ranging from a few hundred pounds to in excess of £1m.
Awards include Wealth Management of the Year 2008 and 2009 and Best Wealth Manager for Tax in 2011 by readers of the Investors Chronicle and Financial Times, Wealth Manager of the Year 2007, 2008 and 2010 by readers of the Daily Telegraph, Best Financial Adviser 2010/11 for Money Pages Personal Finance Awards and Wealth Management Company of the Year - City of London Award in 2012.
St James's Place largely sell their own products. They offer advice on a 'limited' selection of the market. They have responded to questions about their independence  but have also been subject to Ombudsman and press scrutiny.
- "Preliminary Results 2016" (PDF). St. James's Place plc. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "St. James's Place Foundation - History". sjpfoundation.co.uk. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Lloyds to keep St James's Place stake Reuters, 28 July 2010
- Lloyds to reduce stake in St James’s Place FT.com, 12 March 2012
- "Subscribe to read". Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Two companies to join FTSE 100 Index". Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Dartmoor trek to raise money for foundation Dartmoor News, 13 August 2010
- "Investment and Wealth Management Awards". ftwealthawards.com. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Super User. "Home". stockbrokingguide.com. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Awards :: The Money Pages". Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Denham, Katherine (29 July 2016). "St James’s Place boss hits back at charging criticism". Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "The true cost of bad financial advice". Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Scrutiny of SJP's fees as investors demand 'simple answers'". Retrieved 14 April 2017.