St. Joseph's Institute of Management, Bangalore
St. Joseph's Institute of Management (SJIM) is a private graduate school of business located in Bangalore, India. It offers a two-year full-time PGDM program (equivalent to MBA) and two Executive programs approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
|St Joseph's College of Business Administration|
|Motto||Fide et Labore|
Motto in English
|Faith and Labour|
|Type||Private business school|
|Affiliation||Jesuit, (Roman Catholic)|
|16 + 8|
28, Primrose Rd, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025 Phone No:080 2559 7781
St. Joseph's Institute of Management (formerly known as St Joseph’s College of Business Administration) was established in 1968, and is situated in the heart of metropolitan city Bangalore. It is one of the oldest management institutes in the state of Karnataka which is managed by the members of the Society of Jesus called Jesuits. In 1996 SJIM secured approval from AICTE, New Delhi, for a two-year full-time PGDM program. In 2007 SJIM got approval from the AICTE for offering the Executive PGDM and PGCM programs. The institute was shifted to a new campus with state-of-the-art facilities located off MG Road, Bangalore in 2016 and was inaugurated by Mr Rahul Dravid, the former captain of Indian Cricket team who himself was an alumnus of St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School and St. Joseph’s College of Commerce. On 27th November, 2018, SJIM celebrated the Golden Jubilee to commemorate the establishment of the institute in 1968. Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the former President of India was the chief guest at the event. The institute prides of a student profile with diverse educational background and corporate exposure. SJIM is a member of International Association of Jesuit Business Schools (IAJBS) and Xavier Association of Management Institutions (XAMI).
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
It is the flagship program of the institute of two-year duration. The whole program is broken into six trimesters. Students take up industry internships for eight weeks after the third trimester. The institute offers dual specialization in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Operations.
Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (E-PGDM)
It is a 15 months’ duration course for working professionals with at least two years of work experience. Subjects taught cover the core requirements to manage a business or a new venture. The course has a project work of 10 to 12 weeks.
Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM)
It is a certificate course in management of 12 months’ duration. The course has a project work of 8 weeks.
In 2018, SJIM was listed among the top 3 business schools in Bangalore by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), behind only IIM-B and XIME. NIRF also listed St Joseph's Institute of Management among the top 7 in Karnataka, from over forty-five participating institutes. 
MINT-MBAUniverse.com ranked SJIM fifty-seventh in India in 2017.
The institute has been rated A++ by Business India.
Verve is a national level inter-collegiate management fest wherein the institute hosts events in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, Entrepreneurship, Stocks, Best Manager and Quiz.
Pinnacle is an intra-collegiate management fest where events are conducted across various management domains.
Quest is an all-India level management quiz competition conducted for undergraduate students.
The Center for Business Research at SJIM aims to create and disseminate cutting edge knowledge in management. The Center engages in producing high quality research, aiming solely at double blind peer reviewed journals or conferences of reputed international academic bodies in business and management. Further, recognizing that a strong indicator of an institute's teaching quality is how much students are inspired to undertake higher academic study, interested students are provided opportunities to collaborate with, or be guided by faculty at the Center on research projects. The Center produces in-house research, as well as collaborates with other academics on cutting edge research projects from reputed business schools like the Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern University, USA), Kelly School of Business (Indiana University, USA), INSEAD (France), XLRI (Jamshedpur, India), and IIM Bangalore (India). The researchers at the Center have published in the Journal of Services Marketing, the International Journal of Human Resource Management, Management International Review, European Management Review, the Journal of Customer Behaviour, Harvard Business School Cases and presented their research at the Academy of Management, the Midwest Academy of Management, the Eastern Academy of Management, the International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility (Humboldt University), the Satter Conference on Social Entrepreneurship (Stern School of Business), and the China-India Consumer Insights Conference (Yale School of Management).
SJIM currently has collaboration with four international institutions.
In 2017, SJIM entered into an agreement with Albers School of Business and Economics, an AACSB Jesuits business school that is part of Seattle University, USA. Joint activities have included guest lectures in SJIM by Albers faculty, research collaboration, and an international business plan competition.
SJIM's collaboration with the University of Central Oklahama, USA facilitates desirous students from the institute to pursue their summer internship in the USA.
Other ongoing collaborations include those with Fu Jen Catholic University in Taiwan and with HackerU University in Israel to facilitate India-Israel knowledge sharing about cyber security.
- "Dravid goes down memory lane". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Bengaluru: Archbishop Moras, Rahul Dravid inaugurate SJIM's new campus". Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Incidents of violence have pained me, says former President Pranab Mukherjee". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- "SJIM Golden Jubilee - Pranab calls for removing aberrations in India's growth story". www.daijiworld.com. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- "Diversity at the heart of Indian civilisation: Pranab". Deccan Herald. 2018-11-27. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- "Welcome to IAJBS - International Association of Jesuit Business Schools". www.iajbs.org. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- SemiColonWeb. "XAT Associates | XAT 2018". www.xatonline.in. Retrieved 2017-10-09.
- "SJIM - St. Joseph's Institute of Management, Bangalore". sjim.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- "Bengaluru: SJIM, knowledge capital's top-notch management institute". Retrieved 2017-07-15.
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)". www.nirfindia.org. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "SJIM listed among top 3 Bengaluru business schools in NIRF ranking". Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "MBA Rankings 2018: Check MBA Ranking, Fees, Placement | MBAUniverse.com". www.mbauniverse.com. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Bengaluru: Forming future entrepreneurs - SJIM signs MoU with KE Global, Seattle University". Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- Management, St Joseph's Institute of. "St Joseph's Institute of Management, Bangalore | Top MBA College in Bangalore | Top PGDM College in Bangalore". sjim.edu.in. Retrieved 2018-04-07.