St Katherine's Church, Teversal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from St. Katherine's Church, Teversal)
|St. Katherine's Church, Teversal|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Diocese||Southwell and Nottingham|
The church was built in the 12th and 13th centuries and has an unrestored 17th and 18th century interior. The Molyneux pew is in the south aisle and has a roof supported by barley-sugar columns.
There are various monuments to the Molyneux Baronets
- Sir Francis Molyneux, 2nd Baronet, died 1674
- Sir John Molyneux, died 1691
- Sir John Molyneux, died 1741
- Betjeman, J., ed. (1968) Collins Pocket Guide to English Parish Churches: the North. London: Collins; pp. 228-29
- Pevsner, Nikolaus. 1979. The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire. Harmondsworth, Middx.: Penguin; page 346.