St. Louis Community College
|Motto||"Expanding Minds. Changing Lives."|
|Budget||$200.7 mil. (2017–18) |
|Chancellor||Jeff Pittman (Feb. 2015- )|
|Students||69,000 (system-wide) 18,835 (Fall 2017, credit) |
3221 McKelvey Rd.,
Bridgeton, MO 63044
|Campus||Urban/Suburban 377.2 acres (153 ha)|
|Colors||Navy blue and Silver|
Over the objections of the faculty and student body, in 1976 STLCC administration changed the names of the individual campuses to the format St. Louis Community College–Campus Name.
In addition, there are four satellite facilities throughout the area.
Organization and administration
Jeff Pittman became chancellor of STLCC in July, 2015. Pittman is reported to have received approximately 40,000 dollars for housing and car allowance in 2016. The Chancellor's level of compensation was characterized as 70 percent above the national average by some faculty concerned with the management of the college. Student protests occurred under Pittman.
On November 28, 2017 the College's chapter of the NEA called for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Pittman and the board of trustees. Included in the NEA's call for a vote of no confidence was the statement by its President Robert Hertel, that the union was responding to "the levels of waste and mismanagement taking place at the college for YEARS." In January 2018, the Executive Council of the college's chapter of the National Education Association had a unanimous vote of "No Confidence" in Chancellor Pittman.
The college grants Associate's degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S., A.F.A.), as well as Certificates of Proficiency (for completing a specified one-year course of study) and Certificates of Specialization (for completing a specified six-month course of study).
STLCC operates as a single entity in athletic competition (as opposed to each campus operating as a separate program, which was the case prior to consolidation). Athletic teams are open to any eligible STLCC student, regardless of which campus the student attends.
- The Florissant Valley Campus hosts Men's Soccer.
- The Forest Park Campus hosts Men's and Women's Basketball.
- The Meramec Campus hosts Men's Baseball, Women's Soccer, Women's Softball, and Women's Volleyball.
The Wildwood Campus does not host any STLCC athletic programs.
- Josh Outman, former MLB player
- David Freese, current Pittsburgh Pirates and former St. Louis Cardinals third baseman, 2011 NLCS and World Series MVP
- T. J. Mathews, baseball pitcher with the St. Louis Cardinals and others.
- Gemael Morales, current Dade City Brewers catcher of the Florida Baseball League
- John Goodman, actor
- Ronnie L. White, United States District Judge
- Dana Loesch, talk show host
- Steve Pecher, former MISL player
- Mike Miano, football player
- "STLCC – Quick Facts". St. Louis Community College. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- http://www.stlcc.edu/newsroom/2015/03/News10.html. Missing or empty
- Months of faculty discord preceded St. Louis Community College chancellor's contract vote, St. Louis Post-Dispatch (August 1, 2013)
- https://www.stlcc.edu/departments/. Missing or empty
- St. Louis Community College : About STLCC : History
- http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com/articles/2007/06/14/news/sj2tn20070614-0614prj_slccroof.ii1.txt[permanent dead link]
- "Riverfront Times".
- "St. Louis Post-Dispatch".
- Tensions Rise at STLCC. "Inside Higher Ed".
- "St. Louis Post-Dispatch".
- Fenske, Sarah. "STLCC Faculty Reps Vote 'No Confidence' in Chancellor Jeff Pittman". Riverfront Times. Retrieved 2018-02-28.