St. Louis Community College
|Motto||"Expanding Minds. Changing Lives."|
|Budget||$268.6 mil. (2016-17) |
|Chancellor||Jeff Pittman (Feb. 2015- )|
|Students||69,000 (system-wide) 19,052 (Fall 2016, credit) |
|Address||300 South Broadway
St. Louis, MO 63102, St. Louis, Ferguson, Kirkwood, Wildwood, Missouri, United States
|Campus||Urban/Suburban 377.2 acres (153 ha)|
|Colors||Navy blue and Silver|
Over the objections of the faculty and student body, in 1976 STLCC administration changed the names of the individual campuses to the format St. Louis Community College–Campus Name.
In addition, there are four satellite facilities throughout the area.
Organization and administration
Jeff Pittman, Ph.D., began his role as chancellor of STLCC in July 2015. Pittman previously served as the statewide vice president of corporate college services and online education at Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana, and has served in wide variety of academic leadership roles for the college for the past 27 years in four geographic regions and the system office. Most recently, Pittman was instrumental in the reorganization and development of a lean organization for the delivery of Corporate College customized workforce training and services to business, industry, and individuals throughout the state of Indiana. Pittman also served as chancellor of Ivy Tech’s Wabash Valley Region for 11 years, and simultaneously worked as the statewide vice provost of distance education for three of the years. Under Pittman’s leadership, the college’s enrollment in online education doubled from more than 32,000 students per year in 2008 to 69,000 students in 2010. Pittman’s doctorate in educational leadership, administration, and foundations is from Indiana State University. His master's degree in human resource development is from Indiana State University, and his bachelor's degree in business is from Indiana University.
The college grants Associate's degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S., A.F.A.), as well as Certificates of Proficiency (for completing a specified one-year course of study) and Certificates of Specialization (for completing a specified six-month course of study).
STLCC operates as a single entity in athletic competition (as opposed to each campus operating as a separate program, which was the case prior to consolidation). Athletic teams are open to any eligible STLCC student, regardless of which campus the student attends.
- The Florissant Valley Campus hosts Men's Soccer and Women's Volleyball.
- The Forest Park Campus hosts Men's and Women's Basketball.
- The Meramec Campus hosts Men's Baseball, Women's Soccer, and Women's Softball.
The Wildwood Campus does not host any STLCC athletic programs.
- Josh Outman, former MLB player
- David Freese, current Pittsburgh Pirates and former St. Louis Cardinals third baseman, 2011 NLCS and World Series MVP
- T. J. Mathews, baseball pitcher with the St. Louis Cardinals and others.
- Gemael Morales, current Dade City Brewers catcher of the Florida Baseball League
- John Goodman, actor
- Ronnie L. White, United States District Judge
- Dana Loesch, talk show host
- Steve Pecher, former MISL player
- Mike Miano, football player
- "STLCC - Quick Facts". St. Louis Community College. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- http://www.stlcc.edu/newsroom/2015/03/News10.html. Missing or empty
- Months of faculty discord preceded St. Louis Community College chancellor's contract vote, St. Louis Post-Dispatch (August 1, 2013)
- St. Louis Community College : About STLCC : History
- St. Louis Community College official website
- St. Louis Community College – Florissant Valley Campus
- St. Louis Community College – Forest Park Campus
- St. Louis Community College – Meramec Campus
- St. Louis Community College – Wildwood Campus
- St. Louis Community College – Center for Business, Industry and Labor
- St. Louis Community College – Downtown Education Center