St. Luke's Medical Center
(President and CEO)
|Subsidiaries||St. Luke's Medical Center - Global City|
St. Luke's Medical Center (SLMC) is a private non-profit health care institution based in Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines which operates two hospitals of the same name in Quezon City and Taguig. It was founded by the Protestant Episcopal Americans in 1903 as the second American and Protestant founded hospital in the Philippines.
St. Luke’s was established in 1903 by American Episcopalian missionaries as a charity ward and dispensary hospital. St. Luke's started out as fully free outpatient clinic for the poor in Calle Magdalena, Tondo. It also supports and conducts medical, dental and surgical missions in rural areas.It was transformed into an independent, non-sectarian, non-stock, non-profit corporation in the 1970s.
St. Luke's Medical Center Inc. maintains two hospitals, one in Quezon City and another at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. SLMC is based in the Quezon City Hospital while the Taguig hospital is a wholly owned corporation of the Quezon City-based SLMC. The institution also plans to establish a third hospital in Davao City, the construction of which is set to begin mid-2019.
There is also an extension clinic located in Ermita, Manila. The extension clinic caters primarily to those patients seeking medical examination requirements for Visa application for US, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
On 1 February 2005, St. Luke's signed an Affiliation Agreement with Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. SLMC also have affiliations with New York- Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University
- Calonge, Emilia (16 April 2014). "Medical and Health Archives". National Commission for Culture and the Arts. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Frederick Dy is new chair of St. Luke's". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 26 August 2011. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- Galang, Vincent Mariel (12 March 2019). "Construction on St. Luke's Davao to start mid-2019". Business World. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- Official Website of St. Luke's Medical Center (Quezon City)
- Official Website of St. Luke's Medical Center (Global City)