St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery (Courtenay, Florida)
Old St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery
5555 N. Tropical Trail, Courtenay
|NRHP Reference #||90000848|
|Added to NRHP||June 15, 1990|
St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery is an historic Carpenter Gothic style Episcopal church building built in 1888 and its adjacent cemetery located at 5555 North Tropical Trail, in Courtenay, on Merritt Island, Brevard County, Florida, in the United States. On June 15, 1990, St. Luke's and its cemetery were added to the National Register of Historic Places as Old St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery.
St. Luke's is an active parish in the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida. In 1978 a new church building was completed adjacent to the old church, built in 1888, which is now used as a chapel for small weddings and funerals. The current rector is the Rev. Father Peter Roberts. The cemetery is still being used for burials.
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Find A Grave: Saint Lukes Parish Episcopal Church Cemetery
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church Official Website
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church Official Facebook Page
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church Historical Records at RICHES Mosaic Interface
- Brevard County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
- Brevard County listings
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery