St. Mary's Hospital (Waterbury)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Saint Mary's Hospital|
|Location||56 Franklin Street, Waterbury, Connecticut, United States|
|Affiliated university||Yale School of Medicine|
|Emergency department||Level II|
|Lists||Hospitals in Connecticut|
Saint Mary's Hospital (abbreviated STMH) is a Yale-affiliated urban hospital located at 56 Franklin Street, Waterbury, Connecticut operated by Trinity Health. It was founded in 1907 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Chambéry, and it is designated as a Level II trauma center. Saint Mary’s has been a teaching hospital for the Yale University School of Medicine for over 40 years.
In July 2014 Tenet Healthcare announced that the hospital would be acquired by a Tenet subsidiary, with the hospital's religious directives and uncompensated care policies remaining intact. Tenet was chosen by the hospital after a four-year selection process.
This deal, and three others Tenet had planned in the state, unraveled when Tenet expressed concern with the conditions on the sale set by the state of Connecticut.
Hospital rating data
The HealthGrades website contains the latest quality data for St. Mary's Hospital, as of 2016. For this rating section three different types of data from HealthGrades are presented: quality ratings for twenty-six inpatient conditions and procedures,thirteen patient safety indicators and the percentage of patients giving the hospital a 9 or 10 (the two highest possible ratings).
For inpatient conditions and procedures, there are three possible ratings: worse than expected, as expected, better than expected. For this hospital the data for this category is:
- Worse than expected - 0
- As expected - 23
- Better than expected - 3
For patient safety indicators, there are the same three possible ratings. For this hospital safety indicators were rated as:
- Worse than expected - 0
- As expected - 13
- Better than expected - 0
Percentage of patients rating this hospital as a 9 or 10 - 67% Percentage of patients who on average rank hospitals as a 9 or 10 - 69%
- U.S. News & World Report website, at http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/ct/st-marys-hospital-6160740 .
- "Yale Affiliated Hospitals Program". Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Internal Medicine Residency Program". Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Saint Mary's Hospital in Waterbury to be acquired by Tenet Healthcare Corp.". New Haven Register. July 8, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- "Trinity Expands New England footprint with St. Mary's acquisition". Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- HealthGrades website, http://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/connecticut-ct/saint-marys-hospital-hgst24a28d46070016 .
|This article relating to a hospital in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|