St. Mary's School, Mumbai
|St. Mary's School I.C.S.E.|
Nesbit Road, Mazgaon|
|Type||Private, secondary school|
|Principal||Rev. Dr. Fr. Francis A. Swamy S.J|
|Grades||Junior Preparatory to Class 10|
|Colour(s)||BlueGreen Red White|
|Sports||Cricket, football (main sport), basketball, table tennis, badminton, athletics|
|Publication||The School Tie Magazine|
St. Mary's is an Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) affiliate. Having been founded in 1864, it is amongst the oldest, continually running, private schools in India. It is also ranked amongst the top day schools in the country. 
St. Mary's School I.C.S.E was founded in 1864 by members of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), a Roman Catholic religious order founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola in 1540. It lies adjacent to St. Anne's Church which was established in 1860. It began as a Catholic school of education and a military orphanage. Later it opened to the Catholic populace in general, which meant it had to expand. This led to the construction of the building that now houses the senior school, whose foundation stone was laid by Lord Linlithgow, the Viceroy of India from 1936 to 1943.
In recognition of its contribution in the field of education the Chief Postmaster General for Maharashtra released a special postal cover commemorating the school's 150th anniversary on 7 December, 2013.
It used to confer the degree/diploma of a Cambridge University O level of education, and now confers the ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) diploma. The school has four Gothic-style buildings and is divided into Senior School (grades 5 and above) and Junior School (grades 4 and below).
As per Education World's 2018 survey, the school is ranked 3rd nationwide in the category of 'Day School for Boys'. 
Students are encouraged in the arts and sports. Many amongst the school's alumni have flourished in theatre, music, and Bollywood.
- 1991–1995: Fr. Joe Saldanha, S.J. (deceased)
- 1997-2009: Fr. Evarist Newnes, S.J.
- 2009–2011: Alice Carvalho ni (first female principal)
- 2011-2015: Fr. Dr. Kenneth Misquitta, S.J.
- 2015–current: Fr. Dr. Francis Swamy, S.J.
- Sooraj Barjatya – Hindi film director
- Boman Irani – theatre and Bollywood actor
- Arjun Mathur – Bollywood actor
- Zubin Mehta – orchestral conductor
- Freddie Mercury – singer, songwriter and lead vocalist of the band Queen
- Farukh Sheikh – Bollywood actor
- Kunal Vijaykar – actor and director
- Iqbal Chagla – Senior Advocate of the Bombay High Court
- Bakhtawar Lentin – Justice of the Bombay High Court
- Goolam Essaji Vahanvati – Attorney General of India
- Dilip Abreu – Princeton economist
- Shishir Hattangadi – Bombay cricket captain
- Vijay Mohanraj – Ranji Trophy cricketer for Mumbai
- Rehan Poncha – Olympic swimmer
- Ritam Chowdhury – physician, epidemiologist, biostatistician, writer, poet, Harvard faculty member
- Tehemton Erach Udwadia – gastroenterologist
- "HT Top Schools survey: The 10 best schools in Mumbai". 2014-09-03. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- "St Mary's conquer Don Bosco". Indian Express. 29 September 1998.
- "Education World India School Rankings 2018-19: Mumbai schools lead in India-wide ranking". Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- https://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-education-world-india-school-rankings-2018-19-mumbai-schools-lead-in-india-wide-ranking-2660503. Missing or empty
- "The incubator of excellence". mid-day. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- India, Press Trust of (2013-09-11). "Zubin Mehta launches St Mary's School 150th year celebrations". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- "The Best of Two Worlds: Gautam Singhania @ Fifty - Marwar". Marwar. 2015-10-14. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- "Pedigree shouldn't be ignored, says Hattangadi". mid-day. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- "Guru with a difference". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- "Four Runners profile". Four Runners Healthcare. 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "Dr. Tehemton Erach Udwadia (Mumbai)". Indian Med Guru. 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "IQBAL CHAGLA | Lawyers Update". www.web.lawyersupdate.co.in. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- "Zubin Mehta to launch St Mary's School 150th year celebrations in Mumbai". India Today. Retrieved 2018-05-20.</ref>