St. Mary Central Catholic High School
|St. Mary Central Catholic High School|
410 West Jefferson Street
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Rev. Joseph S. Widmann|
|School district||Sandusky City|
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Diocese of Toledo|
|President||Mr. Geoff Palmer|
|Principal||Ryan Wikel 6th-12th Lisa MacMurray prek-5th|
|Average class size||40 students|
|Hours in school day||7|
|Houses||Augustine, DeSales,Therese, Padua, Aquinas, Jerome|
|Color(s)||Navy blue and Vegas Gold|
|Fight song||University of Notre Dame Fight Song (Victory March)|
|Sports||Football, Boys and Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys and Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Boys and Girls Track, Baseball, Softball, Boys and Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Swimming, Volleyball|
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic Diocese of Toledo|
|Conference||Sandusky Bay Conference|
St. Mary Central Catholic High School is a Catholic, private high school in Sandusky, Ohio. Founded in 1902, it is a part of Sandusky Central Catholic School, administered by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Toledo.
A faith community committed to:
- Following Jesus
- Living the Gospel by
- Strengthening the body
- Challenging the mind
- Enriching the spirit
- Forming future leaders for the Church and community
Kiaros Retreat - Each year seniors attend an off-site 4 day retreat to become closer to God and to form a community amongst each other. This retreat is to learn more about one's self...as children of God.
School system combination
Three area Catholic schools combined in 2003: Holy Angels, Sts. Peter and Paul, and St. Mary. The school's Superintendent became Sr. Mary Jon Wagner. Originally the school's new name was to be Trinity Catholic School. Since then the entire school system has become Sandusky Central Catholic Schools, and the High School Campus has remained St. Mary Central Catholic.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Boys Basketball – 1936, 1980 
- Boys Wrestling – 1994, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Girls Cross Country – 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990 
- Boys Swimming - 2010
- Panther's wrestling tradition started back in 1976 when they had their first champion Joe Dye
Sandusky River League
- On February 1, 2013, St. Mary announced they would be forming a new league called the Sandusky River League in 2014-15 with Tiffin Calvert, Lakota, New Riegel, Old Fort, and Fremont St. Joe's. This league ultimately gave a home to the remaining MAL schools. However, the SRL was absorbed by the Sandusky Bay Conference in 2016-17, bringing the Panthers back into their traditional league home where they compete in the River Division.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "Bob Brotzki". Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- http://www.sanduskycentralcatholic.org/apps/news/show_news.jsp?REC_ID=262439&id=0[permanent dead link] Panthers leading new athletic league. Feb. 1, 2013.