Saint Meinrad, Indiana
St Meinrad Archabbey
|Elevation||443 ft (135 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||442728|
Saint Meinrad is an unincorporated census-designated place in Harrison Township, Spencer County, Indiana, along the Anderson River and just off Interstate 64. It is home to the St. Meinrad Archabbey. It is situated about 55 miles east of Evansville. Because of the archabbey, St. Meinrad, along with Harrison Township, lies within the Archdiocese of Indianapolis instead of the much closer Diocese of Evansville, in which lies the rest of Spencer County.
St. Meinrad is located at geographical coordinates 38° 10′ 19″ North, 86° 48′ 34″ West (38.172039, -86.809464).
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Saint Meinrad, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- History of Warrick, Spencer, and Perry Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Goodspeed. 1885. p. 371.
- "Spencer County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
|This Spencer County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|