St. Michael-Albertville High School
|St. Michael-Albertville High School|
|St. Michael, Minnesota|
|Motto||"Excellence is Our Tradition"|
|School district||ISD 885|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gold|
|Athletics conference||Mississippi 8|
|Song||Notre Dame Victory March|
St. Michael-Albertville High School (also referred to as "STMA High School") is a public high school located in St. Michael, Minnesota with the school motto "Excellence is our tradition". Known as "STMA" for short, the high school located to a new building which opened for the 2009-2010 school year. It is currently the 2nd largest high school building in the state of Minnesota. Its Performing Arts Center (PAC) stands as the largest in the state as well and is often compared to many college-level PACs. A formal dedication of the school took place on September 20, 2009.
The school also houses a new Activity Center, which includes an indoor running track and raised walking track, six interchangeable basketball/volleyball courts and a state of the art, 5000 square ft. fitness center/weight room. All the machines and equipment were donated by Matt Spaeth himself.
The school district is well known for its athletic departments, especially the school's wrestling team which are the 7X state championships under the leadership of coaches Dan Lefebvre, Rich Jensen, John Thorn, Joe Grygelko, Tony Mallinger, Bob Clausen, Alex Van Krevelen, and Josh Joriman.
- Matt Spaeth is notable at STMA for playing both football and basketball. He helped bring the football team to the state tournament twice in 2000 and 2001. He later went on to play football for the University of Minnesota, where he was named a First Team All American, received the John Mackey Award in 2006, and helped the Gophers on their way to the Insight Bowl. Unfortunately, though, he did not play due to a shoulder injury. In 2007, he was drafted to the Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFL as the third round pick, 77th overall, and is the proud owner of a Super Bowl ring. Prior to the 2011 season he was traded to the Chicago Bears. He re-signed with the Steelers in the 2013 offseason.
- Mitch Potter is notable at STMA for track and field. In high school, he won five state Track and Field titles, and in August 2012 still held two state records in the Class A 300 meter hurdles and 4 X 400 meter relay. He was a member of the 1999 STMA Track Team that won the MSHHL Track & Field Class A Championship and was inducted into the St. Michael-Albertville High School Hall of Fame in August 2012.
- Chas Betts is notable at STMA as a state wrestling champion. He went on to wrestle for Northern Michigan University. As an amateur wrestler, he won the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials at 84 kg GR and competed at the 2012 Olympics. He is currently a professional wrestler in the WWE, under the name Chad Gable. 
- "Staff Directory". Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "STMA High School". Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "St. Michael-Albertville Announces 2012 Inductees to the Hall of Fame". St. Michael Patch. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- Minnesota State High School League
- STMA School District Website
- St Michael Patch: St. Michael-Albertville Announces 2012 Inductees to the Hall of Fame