St. Nicholas Croatian Church (Millvale, Pennsylvania)
St. Nicholas Croatian Church
|Location||24 Maryland Ave., Millvale, Pennsylvania|
|Architect||Frederick C. Sauer (1860–1942)|
|NRHP reference #||80003404|
|Added to NRHP||May 6, 1980|
St. Nicholas Croatian Church is a Roman Catholic church in Millvale, Pennsylvania, USA within the Diocese of Pittsburgh. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is noted for its murals by Maxo Vanka, painted in 1937 and 1941, such as Labor Sacrificed on the Altar of Greed and The Capitalist.
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Historic Landmark Plaques 1968-2009 (PDF). Pittsburgh, PA: Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation. 2010. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- St. Nicholas Website
- Zubrinic, Darko. "Croatian Art". Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- Petrucelli, Alan W. (2008). "A fresh look: Viewing Vranka murals a religious experience". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (July 14). Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- St. Nicholas Croatian Catholic Parish Official site
- The Millvale Murals of Maxo Vanka Official site, Vanka Murals
|This article about a property in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|