St. Paul's Hospital (Hong Kong)
|St. Paul's Hospital|
|Sisters of Charity of St. Paul|
St. Paul's Hospital Block A
|Location||2 Eastern Hospital Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong|
|Hospital type||District General|
|Emergency department||No Accident & Emergency|
|Lists||Hospitals in Hong Kong|
The hospital grew out of the caring activities undertaken by the Sisters of the Roman Catholic Christian order St. Paul de Chartres for the poor and underprivileged of the Wan Chai and Happy Valley areas of Hong Kong Island, which commenced in the mid-19th century after the order had first established itself in the then British colony.
Today St Paul's Hospital is a modern and well-established hospital located in the Causeway Bay area of Hong Kong Island. It has more than 400 beds and excellent equipment, and offers a very wide range of specialisations. All patients are treated and cared for regardless of colour, race or creed.
In 1940, a companion hospital, St Teresa's Hospital, was founded by the Pauline Sisters.
St Paul's Hospital maintains very high clinical, governance and educational standards and is a member of Hong Kong Private Hospitals Association.
- St Teresa's Hospital, Hong Kong
- List of hospitals in Hong Kong
- Hospitals in China
- International healthcare accreditation
- Banham, Tony (2003). Not the Slightest Chance: The Defence of Hong Kong, 1941. Hong Kong University Press. p. 320. ISBN 0-7748-1044-0. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
St Paul's Hospital at Causeway Bay (also known as the French Hospital)...
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St. Paul's Hospital, Hong Kong.|
- "St Paul's Hospital, Hong Kong - official homepage" (in Chinese and English).
- "Catholic.org information web site for Hong Kong". Archived from the original on 24 July 2001.
- "Information about the Sisters of St Paul de Chatres".