St. Peter's College Tororo
|St. Peter's College Tororo|
|Tororo, Tororo District
|Type||Public Middle School and High School|
|Motto||"Palma Sub Pondere Crescit"|
|Athletics||Soccer, Cricket, Track, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Hockey.|
The school is located in the Eastern Ugandan town of Tororo, approximately 230 kilometres (140 mi), by road, east of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. This location lies approximately 3 kilometres (1.9 mi), by road, outside of the central business district of Tororo, along Kwapa Road. The coordinates of the school campus are: 0° 42' 18.00"N, 34° 12' 0.00"E (Latitude:0.7050; Longitude:34.2000).
Notable people who have attended Tororo College include:
- Charles Olweny - Physician. oncologist, medical researcher and academic. Current Professor of Medicine and Former Vice Chancellor of Uganda Martyrs University (2006 - 2015).
- Okello Oculi - Author, poet and novelist.
- Opiyo Oloya - Educator, author, newspaper columnist and community leader. Current Superintendent of Schools, York Catholic District School Board, Ontario, Canada.
- Raphael Owor - Physician, pathologist, academic, researcher, and academic administrator. Former Chancellor of Mbarara University. Past Dean, Makerere University School of Medicine and Head of Pathology Department at Makerere.
- Location of St. Peter's College Tororo At Google Maps
- St. Peter’s College Tororo Gets New Science Laboratory
- Tororo College Gets New Dormitory