St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
|Formerly||St. Regis Hotel|
|Founded||1904New York City, U.S.in|
Number of locations
|53 (September, 2020)|
|Products||hotel and resort properties|
In 1904, John Jacob Astor IV built the St. Regis New York as a sister property to his part-owned Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Exhibiting luxury and technological advance, each room had its own telephone. Ownership changes, a new wing, and restorations occurred over the following decades. In 1966, Sheraton Hotels purchased the property. After an extensive restoration in 1991, the hotel became the flagship for the Sheraton premier hotels rebranded as the ITT Sheraton Luxury Collection.
In 1998, Starwood acquired the Sheraton brand, and created a new St. Regis brand. In September 2016, Marriott gained the St. Regis chain as part of its acquisition of Starwood. The brand name cannot be used in the lower mainland of British Columbia, because the name is legally owned by the independent St. Regis Hotel, Vancouver, built in 1913.
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Chicago
- The St. Regis Mexico City
- The St. Regis New York
- The St. Regis Toronto
- The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
- The St. Regis Zhuhai
The Tokenization of The St. Regis Aspen
In January 2018, SolidBlock created a smart contract and digitized platform for the tokenization of The St. Regis Aspen, which became the first private single asset real estate investment trust (REIT) in the US to issue a Security Token Offering and traded on the blockchain. Through an intensive campaign, $18 million was raised - nearly one-fifth of the equity deal sold through digital tokens to investors worldwide.
- "St. Regis Hotel Locations". www.marriott.com.
- "St. Regis New York". www.historichotelsthenandnow.com.
- "PR Newswire, 13 Jan 1994". www.thefreelibrary.com. Archived from the original on 2017-01-01.
- "Boston Globe, 13 Nov 1997". www.newspapers.com. p. 67.
….ITT Corp., and its Boston-based Sheraton Hotels….embraced bid by upstart Starwood Lodging Trust….
- "Los Angeles Times, 21 Jan 1998". www.newspapers.com. p. 46.
….St. Regis and Westin brands.
- "CNBC, 23 Sep 2016". www.cnbc.com.
- "Hotel Mogel, 22 Dec 2014". www.hotelmogel.com.
- "2016 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 7.
- "2017 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 7.
- "2018 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 6.
- "2019 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 6.
- "2020 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. Marriott International. 18 February 2021. Retrieved 1 September 2021.
- "SolidBlock". solidblock.co. Retrieved 2020-11-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St. Regis Hotel & Residences.|