St. Regis Museum Tower
|St. Regis Museum Tower|
|Location||685 Mission Street
San Francisco, California
|Roof||146.3 m (480 ft)|
4 below ground
|Floor area||67,000 m2 (720,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings and Merrill|
|Developer||Metropolitan Development Group|
|Structural engineer||Skidmore, Owings and Merrill|
|Main contractor||Webcor Builders|
|Number of units||269 hotel
St. Regis Museum Tower is a 42-story, 484 ft (148 m) skyscraper in the South of Market district of San Francisco, California, adjacent to Yerba Buena Gardens, Moscone Center, PacBell Building and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. The tower is bounded by Mission Street and 3rd Street, and is operated by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. The hotel has five-star status.
The tower was designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill and constructed by Webcor Builders with Architectural Glass and Aluminum serving on the job at the Glazing Contractor. Construction began on the highrise sometime around 2001. The project was completed in 2005 along with the retrofit of the historic nine-story Williams Building, which was incorporated into the tower. The tower houses 102 luxury condominiums, 269 hotel rooms, a 4-story subterranean parking garage, and the Museum of the African Diaspora. Its many prominent tenants (including Al Gore, David Drummond and Michael Ovitz) led Fortune magazine to call the building "home to one of the bigger groups of power players in the world."
The St. Regis Museum Tower is one of several new 21st century highrise projects completed or under construction on Mission Street joining 555 Mission Street, The Paramount, 101 Second Street, JP MorganChase Building, and 301 Mission Street.
- InterContinental Hotel San Francisco
- Four Seasons
- W Hotel San Francisco
- List of tallest buildings in San Francisco
- St. Regis Museum Tower at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- St. Regis Museum Tower at Emporis
- St. Regis Museum Tower at SkyscraperPage
- St. Regis Museum Tower at Structurae
- "Official St. Regis San Francisco Site".
- "St. Regis Hotel San Francisco & St. Regis Residences". Webcor Builders. Archived from the original on July 29, 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- PCI Journal , "St. Regis Vibrant Gem", PCI Journal, pages 15 and 19, March–April 2006
- "The Williams Building Project". Webcor Builders. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- Wagner, Kurt (June 13, 2013). "San Francisco's tower of power". Fortune.