St. Stanislaus High School
|St. Stanislaus High School|
65, Hill Road
|Type||Govt. aided primary & secondary|
|Motto||"Born for Greater Things"|
|Principal||Mrs Anna Correa|
|Grades||SSC Board 1-10|
|Enrollment||2300, all boys|
|Houses||Britto (red), Loyola (yellow), Xavier (blue), Kostka (green)|
|Affiliation||Jesuit (Roman Catholic)|
St. Stanislaus High School is an all-boys school located in Mumbai, India, run by the Society of Jesus. The school is spread over a campus of approximately 7 acres in the heart of Bandra, making it one of the largest schools (by area) in Mumbai.
The school, founded in 1863 by German Jesuit priests, started as an orphanage and later grew to be a full-fledged educational institution for day-scholars as well as boarders and now has more than 2,300 students from KG-10.
Natus ad Maiora ("Born for Greater Things")
In addition to academic work, the school encourages the development of young athletes and sportsmen. Teachers like Master Neeff, Master Oliver, Master Willy, Master Donald and sportsmasters include Oliver Andrade (who founded the famous Jogger's Park in Bandra Mumbai), Master Cyril Gabriel, Fr. Harry Pereira, S.J., Fr. Benjamin Fernandes, S.J., and Fr. Robin Selwyn, S.J., in the 1970s and 1980s saw the place of sports in the full development of youth.
Through the efforts of Fr. Lawrie Ferrao, as principal, the gymnasium was upgraded with a treadmill. The Donnelly field was completely redone with new turf and sprinklers. After that the carpentry room next to the Donnelly gym was renovated and part of it made into a changing room, and the toilet facilities repaired. The grounds facing Waroda Road were revamped and floors tiled, for weddings and other gatherings. It is also called "The Backyard Lawn".
The school has won inter-school tournaments, participating in the Ahmed Sailor Cup in field hockey. The school has a grass hockey ground (Donnelly Gym), two basketball courts, an outdoor badminton court, two football grounds, two smaller grounds, a swimming pool and a gymnasium. The hockey ground is used to play state-level tournaments.
The school has four houses: Britto (red), Loyola (yellow), Xavier (blue), and Kostka (green), named after Jesuit saints (St. John de Britto, St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Francis Xavier, and St. Stanislaus Kostka). New students are assigned to a house. Points are awarded for activities and competitions, and the winning house is announced each week. House captains are elected each year.
The Stanislaus Ex-students Association was started by Fr. Joseph Casasayas SJ in 1936. It is a not-for-profit organization aimed at assisting alumni (ex-students and ex-staff members) to network.
- Fr. Joe D'Abreo, S.J., was principal to the end of academic year 1990.
- Fr. Edmund Carrasco, S.J., served from 1990 to 1996.
- Fr Lawrie Ferrao, S.J., was principal from 1996 to the end of academic year 2006-2007. Fr. Leo Soares. S.J., was vice-principal during this period.
- Fr. Jude Fernandes, S.J., became principal in 2007. He was previously pastor of Holy Family Church, Chakala, Andheri East, and vice-principal of Holy Family School.
- Mrs Anna Correa became principal in 2015. The first lay woman principal in the 152 year old history of the school.
- Lt. General Francis Dias, PVSM, AVSM, VrC (Retd.) Indian Army
- Major General Eustace D'Souza, PVSM (Retd.) Indian Army
- Flt Lt Lawrence Frederic Pereira, VrC. Indian Air Force 
- Salman Khan, Bollywood actor
- Arbaaz Khan, Bollywood actor
- Sohail Khan, Bollywood actor
- Shaan, Musician
- Viren Rasquinha, Captain, Indian Hockey Team
- Marcellus Gomes, Represented India at the Olympics
- Cardinal Ivan Dias, Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Anthony De Mello, Priest and author
- Dinesh D'Souza, Conservative US commentator
- Alvito Cabral, Blogger
- Vedang Vaidya, ServiceNow (CSA)
- Faisal Farooqui, Founder and CEO, MouthShut.com
- Dr K H Gharda (Padmashree award winner) Father of Agro Chemical in India
- Viren Rasquinha, Former captain of India's national field hockey team
- Prakash Ambedkar,Politician
- Ex-students Association
- "St. Stanislaus High School Bandra | Born for greater things". www.stanislausbandra.in. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- "St Stanislaus High School in Bandra celebrates 150 years". 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- St. Stanislaus High School Official website
- St. Peter's Church: Roman Catholic church is situated just inside the entrance of the school.
- St. Stanislaus Ex-students Association