St. Theodore Guerin High School
|St. Theodore Guerin High School|
|15300 Gray Road
Noblesville, Indiana, Hamilton County 46062
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|President||Paul S. Lunsford|
|Teaching staff||49.9 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.7|
|Team name||Golden Eagles|
|Rivals||Bishop Chatard High School Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Publication||The Golden Quill|
St. Theodore Guerin High School is a private Roman Catholic college-preparatory high school located in Noblesville, Indiana, a northern Indianapolis suburb. The school's mascot is the Golden Eagle and school colors are purple and gold. St. Theodore Guerin High School is accredited by the Indiana Department of Education and the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. It is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafayette in Indiana.
Founded in 2004, St. Theodore Guerin High School was named after Saint Mother Théodore Guérin. Guerin Catholic was the first privately funded Catholic high school built in the state of Indiana in over thirty years. The first graduating class in 2007 consisted of 25 students, with 100% matriculating into four-year colleges.
The school offers a college-preparatory oriented curriculum as well as several specialized courses, including pre-engineering and introductory business, marketing, and information technology, which are typically reserved for college campuses. In the fall of 2006, St. Theodore Guerin became the first Catholic high school in Greater Indianapolis to become a candidate to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. Guerin Catholic has the largest number of students participating in the IB Programme in the State of Indiana.
St. Theodore Guerin has been recognized by The Cardinal Newman Society and the Catholic Education Honor Roll each year since 2008 as one of the nation's "Top 50 Catholic High Schools." Guerin Catholic is one of only three Catholic high schools in the state of Indiana to receive this prestigious award. Catholic high schools that receive the honor roll designation are marked by excellence in academics and the integration of Catholic identity throughout all aspects of their educational and extracurricular programs. Less than five percent of the Catholic high schools in the United States receive this recognition.
St. Theodore Guerin coordinates with local Catholic parishes to offer opportunities for their students and faculty members to give back to the Indianapolis area. Students and faculty members from Guerin Catholic donate their time and effort each year in "A Day of Service" which consist of raking leaves in local neighborhoods, cleaning up parks, and doing other charitable work. The focus of the day is to simply give back to the larger community.
The school organizes annual mission trips over the fall break and spring break holidays. Students and faculty members of the Guerin Catholic community have traveled to Costa Rico, Haiti, and Mexico to serve with the love of Christ.
Fine arts program
There are many musical opportunities including the Golden Eagle Marching Band, Pep Band, GoldenVoice Choir, Wind Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Band, Sounds of Providence, and others. The Guerin Catholic GoldenVoice Choir continues to gain national recognition, and has won many awards and honors at music festivals in the United States and abroad. In 2007, the GoldenVoice Choir was selected as the only choral group in the state of Indiana to perform for President George W. Bush at America’s 400th anniversary celebration in Jamestown, Virginia.
Clubs and activities
Clubs at Guerin include: Academic Super Bowl, Art Club, Best Buddies, Book Club, Brain Game, Broadcasting Club, Catholic Life Committee, Comedy Sportz, DECA, ECM 110, Entrepreneurs Club, Garden Club, Guerin Catholic Broadcasting Network, International Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Magnificat Club, Math League, Mock Trial Team, Peer Tutoring, Ping Pong Club, Rocket Club, Ski Club, Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD), Teens 4 Life, and the student-led yearbook (the Aquila). Some activities meet daily while others meet less than monthly.
Each school year the students in the SADD Club present a school convocation. In the past, speakers the SADD Club have scheduled include Chris Herren, a former NBA basketball player and the subject behind ESPN Films 30 for 30 documentary "Unguarded." He spoke to the student body about his life of stardom, addiction, failure and recovery.
Guerin Catholic Broadcasting Network broadcasts several games each year on the Guerin Catholic faith network. It broadcasts online in video and audio. The club, founded by members of the class of 2010, broadcasts many of the school's sports, including football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and volleyball on a regular basis.
The school's sports teams compete at the Class 3A level of the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA). Prior to 2016, Guerin Catholic was not a member of an athletic conference, therefore they were recognized as an independent. Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, Guerin Catholic started competing in the Circle City Conference. The conference is made up of four Indianapolis area Catholic High Schools - Bishop Chatard High School, Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School, St. Theodore Guerin High School, and Roncalli High School (Indiana). 
IHSAA State Championships
A strong rivalry exists between Guerin Catholic and Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School. The two schools are quite similar in that both are Catholic and are co-educational schools on the north side of the Indianapolis metropolitan area. While the schools compete in virtually all sports annually, the main event is the football match-up.
Guerin Catholic battles Lafayette Central Catholic each season for the Bishop's Cannon, a trophy that was donated by former Bishop, William Higi.
- (PDF). June 2017 http://www.guerincatholic.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/School-Profile-2016-2017.pdf. Missing or empty
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- "Search for Private Schools - School Detail for St Theodore Guerin High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "School Overview - Guerin Catholic High School". guerincatholic.org. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- http://www.guerincatholic.org/course-offerings. Missing or empty
- "International Baccalaureate Program - Guerin Catholic High School". guerincatholic.org. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Catholic Education Honor Roll Announced". The Cardinal Newman Society. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Service - Guerin Catholic High School
- "Guerin Catholic HS Community Service Day 11-15-12 - Images - Photo Indiana, LLC - Robert Nichols - Owner". photoshelter.com. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- Tony Avellana. "Golden Voice - Guerin Catholic High School". guerincatholic.org. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Tony Avellana. "School History - Guerin Catholic High School". guerincatholic.org. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Clubs - Guerin Catholic High School". guerincatholic.org. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "March 9, 2012". constantcontact.com. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- Insurance Brain Game - 13 WTHR Indianapolis[dead link]
- "sectional 26". homestead.com. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "4 Indy-area Catholic schools form new sports conference". indystar.com. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- IHSAA. "IHSAA Boys Basketball State Champions". ihsaa.org. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Indiana high school sports - Indianapolis Star - indystar.com". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- The Times of Noblesville, IN | Young Golden Eagles program has already had post-season success