St. Thomas High School (Quebec)
|Saint Thomas High School|
|120 Ambassador Avenue
Pointe-Claire, Quebec, H9R 1S8
|School type||High School|
|Motto||Via, Veritas, Vita
(The Way, The Truth, The Life)
|School board||Lester B. Pearson School Board|
|Language||English courses in French and Spanish|
|Colour(s)||Green and white|
|Team name||Knights & Zulus|
St. Thomas High School is a high school in the municipality of Pointe-Claire, situated in Quebec, Canada. Originally a Roman Catholic foundation, the college is a member of the International Baccalaureate Organization's certified Middle Years Programme. Saint Thomas High School is the second largest high school operated by the Lester B. Pearson School Board in Montreal. It is second to only Lindsay Place High School, which is also located in Pointe-Claire. For the 2008 school year, Saint Thomas High School ranked 22 out of all 466 schools in the province.
The present population is 1,355 students and includes students from thirty-nine Elementary Schools. St. Thomas has a Code of Conduct developed collaboratively by staff, and parents, which ensures a student's right to be educated in a caring, respectful environment. St. Thomas has an Honour Society in order to grant recognition to their top students.
- Larry Tittley, former star Canadian Football League player.
- Dr. Roman Jarymowycz, soldier and historian.
- Jonathan Dunski, President & Owner, Ultraray Medical Products, Oakville, ON
- Linda Griffiths, actress and playwright.
- Peter Szmidt, swimmer.
- Autumn Phillips (née Kelly), the wife of Peter Phillips.
- Casey McKinnon, actress.
- Paul Brousseau, former NHL right-winger.
- Dr. Joe Cassidy, head of St Chad's College, Durham, England.
- Ricky Mabe, actor.
- Brandon Reid, former NHL player
- Michael Soles, former CFL player
- Ross Hull, Canadian actor
- Terence McKenna, Canadian film producer, journalist
|This Quebec school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|